Filler chapter 46

"Pete, this is Harley, the kid I told you about. He's staying here during the spring break. Figured it was time you met," Tony said as Peter came into the room.

Peter blinked then shrugged. "Hi," he said before turning back to Tony. "I'm going to bed, Mr. Stark, I'm tired from last night. I was out a lot later than usual and had to get Dr. Banner to check up on me multiple times today. He said I've got a concussion and I keep going dizzy," Peter said softly. Tony instantly stood and went over to him.

"What? Why didn't Karen update me?" Tony asked gently moving Peter's hair and seeing a big bruise on the back of his head. He gently ran his fingers over it causing Peter to collapse forwards into his arms.

"Asked her not to bother you. I got back and went straight to the Medbay where the doctor already was, he had been working in his lab and had needed a small stitching. I'll be fine, Sir. Don't worry, I just need sleep, right FRI?" He asked softly.

"That's right, Mini-Boss," the AI spoke up gently.

"See? I'd have told you if it was worse, but I literally just need to sleep it off now, I promise I'm fine," Peter said, looking up at Tony who just nodded.

"Okay, I believe you Underoos. But promise next time anything you go through, tell me next time," Tony said softly before hugging Peter and kissing his forehead. "Sleep,well, kiddo. I'll come check on you later," he said softly.

"Okay, sir. I'm going to bed now, goodnight," Peter said softly. Tony just nodded and let him go, Peter walking straight out.

He didn't check on Peter. He and Harley got into the lab and weren't seen for over a day.

Peter knew that Tony would rather spend time with Harley, he hadn't seen the kid in years and he was only here for a fortnight holidays. So, he resorted to staying away from Tony, however much that hurt him to think about, to let the man spend time with the other kid.

"Colonel, could..." Peter began but Rhodey cut him off.

"Call me Rhodey, Petey, no need for formalities," the man said, turning from his book to look at the kid. "What's up?" He asked softly.

"Mr. Stark is busy with Harley, I've decided to leave him alone for a while. I was wondering if you could show me towards Dr. Banners laboratory. I need some help with my homework," Peter said softly. Rhodey smiled before closing his book, standing and going to Peter, wrapping an arm around his shoulder and leading him out.

"Never feel bad about asking any of us for help. You're my best friends kid, he adores you, that makes you my family to. So, call me uncle, nothing else. I won't respond," Rhodey said as they got into the elevator. Peter turned to look at the man before nodding and leaning into him.

"Yes, uncle J," he said softly. Rhodey smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you," Rhodey said as he walked Peter down the corridor. They were, Peter noted, two levels below Tony's.

"You're welcome. I'd call you whatever you wished, I wouldn't disrespect anybody like that," Peter said as they stopped at a door.

"FRI, is it safe to enter?" Rhodey spoke up. In response, the AI just opened the door causing Bruce to look up at his guests as they came in.

"Pete?" He said standing up and coming over. "You're heads not hurting again is it?" He said gently looking it over.

"No, Dr. Banner, I'm alright now," Peter said sheepishly.

"Hey, no more of that, call me uncle Bruce or something like that," Bruce said continuing to check the head of the boy.

"Yes, uncle Bruce," he said softly. Bruce just hugged him before turning to the colonel.