Clintasha 2

Nat walked into the lounge with a smirk on her face and a file in her hands. She'd been looking into SHIELD cases and found one for a deep undercover mission that she was going to go on with Clint, because she missed her best friend.

Nat sat next to Clint with that smirk still on her face causing him to sigh and look away from the TV he was watching with the group - them all now watching Nat and Clint instead. "How long?" Clint asked taking the file from her.

"At least 2 months. Best part is we get to head north. We can go afterwards?" Nat asked softly.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll pack up. According to this we have to leave tonight. I'll be ready," Clint spoke rolling his eyes before standing, pulling Nat up and leading them off towards their floor. As the waited for the elevator to take them down, Clint skimmed the file and understood immediately why Nat chose this case. They were supposed to protect people from a bad situation, children at that. They were, essentially becoming their own safe house. He didn't understand, however, why she elected for them to be a sweet married couple. They didn't go undercover as married very often, usually when it was a short case, a few days or a week at most. But he didn't care, he liked being undercover with her. They were extremely close and very, very good with their jobs and with their training they do every damn day, they were the best of the best and that made them deadly, especially together. They had created secret cods so they could just look at each other and know what they were trying to say.

Clint wrapped his arm around her waist as they descended in the elevator, kissing her cheek gently. "So, married, huh?" He asked. He knew when Nat was the one to choose married, there was something wrong, something going on with her, but he never once forced her to talk to him. She could do what she wants as long as he's there, by her side, where he belongs.

"Hmmm. Is that okay?" She asked turning to look at him. Clint just looked at her deadpan before they both laughed, unable to keep a straight face.

"Of course, I like being undercover with you," Clint spoke as he stopped laughing.

An hour later they met up, fully packed, and said bye to the group before leaving the tower. They got to their new safe house around an hour later, having been in one of their cars with Clint driving. Clint's hand stayed on Nat's thigh the entire time. She brought it up about forty minutes into the drive. "You know your hands on my thigh right?" She asked drawing his attention from the road to her leg.

"Nope, hadn't realised, honestly don't care," Clint spoke looking back at the road. He didn't care because he knew she didn't mind. If he'd upset her he'd be a lot more worried about it. Nat gently grabbed the hand and lifted it to her lips, kissing the top of his hand softly before letting it drop back down.

"I don't care either, just pointing it out. I've missed going undercover with you, you know. I feel like we never go out as a duo anymore," Nat spoke softly. Even without his hearing aids, he'd have heard her, because he's trained himself to do so. At those words, Clint pulled into a lay-by and turned to her with a worried look in his eyes. He just hugged her tightly.

"I'll go out with you whenever, you're my partner and my best friend and I love you. Please don't ever forget that because it's true. Just say the word and I'll come with you. Whenever you want," Clint spoke as he hugged his best friend, Nat hugging back, of course. He kissed her cheek softly three times before pulling back to look at her. He focused back on his driving, his hand coming back to her thigh once more.

"I love you too," she spoke softly causing him to smile, as if he didn't know that already.

"I know. Is that why you chose marriage? So we'd be together more? Because you only pick that deep of undercover when you're really not feeling good mentally and just need me by you," Clint spoke, squeezing her thigh gently.