Filler chapter 17

AN I know you cannot travel across half of the US on a motorbike and in a car in five hours but I don't really care. It's fanFICTION

I need time and space, Bucky had written. That's what Steve had woke up to on the day of their five year anniversary of being together. It was over between them, and that hurt him more than anything. He packed a bag before writing a note for the group and leaving it on the kitchen counter with his phone, his only source of being tracked, before leaving the building. He grabbed a black wig and slipped it over his head before he grabbed his motorbike before riding it to Indiana before ditching it and buying a cheap second hand car with some cash he'd packed in his bag before continuing his journey.

It was four hours later when anyone found out he'd left. "Baby girl, call Steve down here," Tony said, sitting on the couch with the team. They were told to get him ready for his date with Bucky and prepare him for the proposal without telling him what was happening.

"I can't boss," FRIDAY replied.

"Why not?" Natasha asked worriedly.

"Captain has left, written you a note in the kitchen. Left seven hours ago when he woke up to Mr. Barnes breaking up with him," FRIDAY said causing them all to run to the kitchen and read the note.

"Shit," Bruce said wide eyed. The post it note with the break up was attached to the letter.

"What are we going to do? He's left his phone some can't track him," Clint said worriedly.

Tony pulled out his phone and called Bucky instantly, the man answering in less than three seconds. "You broke up with him and he's left," Tony said the second he picked up.

"What do you mean he's left?" Bucky asked in shock.

"Hey, guys, I'm quitting the team, good luck, Bucky and I have broken up so I've left so he doesn't have to. Don't try to find me, I'll be ditching my bike and my phones next to the note if you haven't seen it yet. I'll be fine, don't worry about me," Tony said as he read the letter aloud.

"Why would you tell him you need space and time in the first place? Why not say you're working and will be back later?" Clint asked Bucky.

"It was five am when I wrote that, I wasn't even awake yet," Bucky said with worry laced in his tone.

Steve was still driving and by now he was in Arkansas. He ditched the car and bought another bike, not wanting to be in one vehicle for too long. It could be traced even with his wig still in place. He stopped in a wig shop and bought a new one, a black waist length one before getting into a bathroom and changing the wigs quickly. He continued his journey for another half hour before stopping into a completely run down motel.

"You have no idea where he could be or where he could go?" Rhodey asked through the phone.

"If I did I'd be in the way there by now, Patriotic ass," he said sarcastically.