Filler chapter 9

Scarlett called Jeremy's number and he picked up almost instantly. "Hey Gorgeous," he spoke softly.

"No, don't be nice when you've just made me cry for the past few hours. You can't be nice to me," Scarlett said as she angrily wiped tears from her face. He could hear in her voice how she'd been crying.

"How did I make you cry, Princess?" He asked gently.

"I finally had some down time so I've just gotten around to watching Hawkeye. You made me cry, I'm mad at you," Scarlett spoke. Jeremy just laughed.

"That's what I was going for, so, I guess I did a good job. Thanks for the feedback. You alright?" Jeremy asked gently. He loved Scarlett so much, adored her with his everything.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just had my heart ripped out by someone who's supposed to love me but I'm fine," Scarlett spoke. "No but seriously, you did so well in this. You really do suit Clint so well and you're amazing in everything you do. I miss you," she added. And it was all true, she loved that man and everything he did and stood for.

"Thank you. I miss you too, ever so much," he replied. He'd already got into his car and was round the corner from her house by now. He had to see her.

"How could you not?" She asked with a laugh.

Jeremy got out of the car and ended the call before letting himself into her house. He found his best friend sat on her couch in one of his sweaters with an extra drink on the table already ready for him.

"Figured you'd be coming," she spoke without turning to look at him. Jeremy just came over and hugged her from behind. He let go before sitting next to her and grabbing his drink.

"Yeah. I wasn't doing anything when you called so I figured I could break in to your house. Nice sweater," he said gently.

"You're always welcome here, you know that, love. Of course you think it's nice, I nicked like eight of them from your house last time I went over," Scarlett said, finally looking at him. She leaned over, resting her head in his chest as his arm came up to run his fingers through her hair. He could see the red tear streaks on her face.

"You really were crying, I'm sorry," he spoke softly.

"From 'Rogers the Musical', all the way through it. I'm pretty insulted on Chris got his name on the musical. I mean it was all of us who stopped the tesseract and not just him. But it was a great show. Besides, if I was crying at it then the fans definitely were," she spoke as her best friend played with her hair.

"Thanks, it means a lot, you know that. How have you been?" He asked her softly.

"Same as I am when we call multiple times a week. I'm alright," she replied. She sat up and kissed his lips softly before snuggling back into him. He lifted her head and kissed her again. Her lips were as gentle as always, he could tell she has lip balm on from the slight coconut taste of them.

"Wanna watch a film?" He asked gesturing to the television after they had pulled back from the kiss. She nodded and they watched Fantastic Beasts, The Secrets of Dumbledore together, making slight commentary to each other. He kept her close, watching her over and over, flipping between the screen and her. She was so gorgeous. She always was, but being in an intimate setting, laid back and relaxed at home, made her so much more stunning than when she's dressed up in her Gucci or whatever on a red carpet.

He grabbed the remote and paused the film causing her to look at him, but he just kissed her roughly, holding her cheek softly. She didn't know why he was kissing her so strongly, but she kissed back. Of course she did. Her family was away, her kids were on a week long school trip and her partner was in New Mexico for work. She had no one to hide from. And it wasn't like she hasn't kissed him in front of millions before on camera.

After a solid minute and a half, he pulled back and just looked at her as they both caught their breath. "What was that for?" She asked him, looking deep into his eyes.

"Nothing. I just love you, a lot. Is that okay?" He asked reassuring her that any limits she has he'll always protect and honour them. She just smiled and kissed him again, gently on his lips.

"It's always okay. You know that. I love you too. Are you okay?" She asked him gently.

"Of course, just wanted to kiss you," he spoke before pressing play on the film and continuing to glance between her and the film once more. She could feel his eyes on her, she loved it. Even without trying he always made her feel loved and appreciated. She gently rubbed his abs under his shirt as she laid on him. The film ended and they just laid there on the couch, Scarlett on top of him, as they fell asleep together.

The next morning, Scarlett awoke to the sound of Jeremy speaking to her. She felt his fingers in her hair as she woke, lifting her head as he sat next to it and rested her head on his thigh. "Wake up, love, I made breakfast," he spoke as she finally opened her eyes to look at him. "There you are. You hungry, baby girl?" He asked her, making her nod and sit up. She rest her head on his chest as his arm came around her shoulder as they began to eat. They didn't speak as they ate, just because he had just woken her up.

When they'd finished eating she looked at him tiredly before getting up and going to the bathroom. She went to the toilet and brushed her teeth before going back to him. His toothbrush had water dripping gown it showing he'd also done that just earlier. She came and sat on his lap, burying into him like a toddler as he held her. "You alright, my love?" He asked her gently as he kissed her neck softly.

"Tired. Thanks for breakfast," she spoke as she moved her head to the side to give him more surface area to kiss. He smiled into her neck as he continued to press kisses around her neck.

"You're welcome, piccolo amore," he spoke between kisses. (Little love in Italian) He adored this woman. Everything about her, he loved it all.

He pulled back and just held her in his arms for a half hour until his phone rang. He answered the face time call as she got off him and sat next to him. "Hey JR, what's up?" He asked Robert as he moved the phone back to put Scarlett in frame.

"Hey babe," she spoke to the man.

"Hey guys. Jer, just watched Hawkeye, it was amazing, well done," Robert spoke softly.

"Oh thanks, that really means a lot. How have you been?" He asked his friend, tracing the avengers tattoo on Scarlett's arm softly.

"Been good, done a lot of work lately, spent time with the family. How are you, Scar, you okay?" Robert asked. He was worried, I mean, Jeremy was at her house pretty early in the morning.

"Me? I'm good, I miss you. Why you asking?" She asked her friend. He just raised an eyebrow. "Oh, yeah, I watched Hawkeye last night and cried from it, JJ came over and we fell asleep watching The Secrets of Dumbledore. Nothing else," she spoke gently. She rested her head on Jeremy's bicep softly as she spoke. She was really tired. She ended up falling asleep as Jeremy and Robert spoke for a while.

"Hey, thinks she's asleep," Robert said softly. Jeremy laid her down so her head was on his thigh before leaning and kissing her cheek gently. Robert watched the actions. "You really love her don't you?" He asked his friend gently. Jeremy looked back at his phone with a soft smile.

"I love all my friends, but Scar and I just have a very deep and loving relationship. We always have, it's deeper than anyone else could imagine," Jeremy said softly.

"I know, I've seen it. We all have. I love her, I really do," he spoke gently.