Mocking

Peter heard them mocking him each and every day, until one day he just stopped. Peter came down for lunch when he was shouted to do so, ate his lunch before leaving towards his laboratory, between Bruce and Tony's labs.

"What's up with the kid?" Sam asked after the boy had left. Peter hadn't said a word during the meal, something completely strange to them all.

Tony just rolled his eyes but didn't say anything. "What do you know?" Steve asked having seen the action.

"Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist remember? I know a lot. I know how you all spend hours each day making a kid with super hearing as if your words can't be heard by him on the first floor. I know you all only pretend to actually like him, I know he's done nothing to you but you all despise him. I know you don't want him around. But then again, he's here for me, not any of you. None of you can dictate who can and cannot be here, it's my building and he is my son, so get your act together. Bruce, let's go," Tony said standing and letting Bruce follow him.

"I... he heard us?" Wanda whispered sadly.

"Apparently," Natasha spoke worriedly. He wasn't supposed to have heard them.

"We're the worst people ever," Bucky spoke gently.

"Yes, yes you are," Rhodey spoke before standing and leaving to the laboratory floor to see his godson and brothers.

Getting to the labs he used his handprint to open the door to Tony's lab before joining the trio, wrapping Peter in a hug tightly. "Hey uncle Bear," Peter spoke with a smirk as he pulled back.

Rhodey rolled his eyes before hitting Tony on the back of his head. "Really?" He asked I'm deadpan.

"What? We all know I call you Honey Bear," Tony said with a shrug.

"Well then. Bruce, Pete, remember when I was paralysed? Well this guy was helping me when some old guy knocked on the window and was like 'I have a delivery for Tony Stank'. Well, I mocked him for it. 'Table for 1, Mr. Stank, please by the bathroom'. Remember that Tones," Rhodey spoke with a smirk.

Tony just smashed his head on the back of his chair causing Bruce and Peter to laugh. Peter stood and hugged his dad. "Does that mean I'm Peter Stank now?" The kid asked with a smirk causing Tony to roll his eyes.

"Sure why not," Tony spoke hugging his son back.

"I'm sorry about the others, Pete, I'd have stopped them if I'd have known," Bruce spoke causing Peter to frown at him before hugging him tightly.

"It doesn't matter, uncle Bruce, it's nothing for you to deal with. I've been through worse," he spoke softly.

"I know but that doesn't mean you deserve it," Tony spoke gently. With that they all changed topics and began to work on some science things that Rhodey actually understood. They spent hours down there, going back up at dinner time and Peter getting apologies from everyone else.

Peter didn't accept.

He wasn't ready to, and they accepted that. It took a while before he accepted their apologies.