Filler chapter 42

Tony had fucked up. He knew it when his boyfriend of two years sent him away.

"Just leave, Tony," Steve said.

"Yes, sir," Tony whispered as he turned to leave. He went straight down to the lounge where the other avengers were before going down the stairs to his laboratory and putting it on lockdown.

Lockdown meant he was locked in, no one could get out nor in. Lockdown meant that no messages could be put through unless they're directly from Director Fury. Lockdown meant he was alone, giving him time to take in the end of his relationship. I mean it was a two year relationship, surely he could have some time to get over losing it... right?

Tony worked on his projects, getting them all done. Two days into his lockdown, the doors to his laboratory opened.

"FRI?" Tony spoke in question. Peter walked in before closing the door once more.

"Resume lockdown, FRIDAY," Peter said before coming over to Tony.

"Did you hack into my AI, again?" Tony spoke to his kid. Peter just hugged the man.

"Yes. Because you locked yourself away and I couldn't get through to make sure you were still alive. So, here I am until you take yourself out of lockdown. What happened?" Peter asked, sitting next to the man.

Tony blinked at the information. Then he sighed. "Steve and I broke up, needed time to myself to get through it. I'm fine now, I just don't want to leave for at least another day or two," he said gently.

Peter's head tilted at the words. He hadn't expected that since Steve had just been talking with the group about proposal ideas just last week. "Last week he was planning to propose to you. How did you break up?" Peter asked gently. Tony just shrugged.

"I didn't listen to his orders on a mission. Clint ended up jumping from a building and Steve yelled at me for not catching him when I was helping the civilians get away from the robots. Not only were I there, the Iron Legion were there, as was Rhodey and Thor. It wasn't only me that could catch him, one of my Iron Legion did catch him. But Steve blamed it all on me and yelled at me in front of everyone during the meeting afterwards. All he said over and over again was that I don't deserve to be iron man and that I'm stupid and idiotic for letting Clint jump off of a building like it was my idea. Back home, he continued yelling at me for hours until he just sent me away. I've not left the lab since then," Tony said gently.

Peter listened, he understood how his da... mentor felt. "Okay. I understand you now. What are we working on?" Peter asked, intending to remove the thoughts from the man's mind.

And so, for the next two days they stayed in the lab working on whatever they wanted to. That was the highlight of spending time with Tony, he got to do what he wanted. Tony adored the kid, was so thankful he was around all the time with him. Tony was just about ready to leave the laboratory.

"FRI, end lockdown." Tony said, startling Peter who looked at him with a soft smile. They both walked out and upstairs towards the lounge. "We can go out if you want," Tony said as they came through to the lounge. The others tried to get their attention, but Tony just ignored them, paying attention to his kids reply.

"Well... Aunt May was worried when she couldn't get through to you, was planning to come break in to get you out. So, you should probably make sure she knows you're alright now. Also, I want pizza," Peter said. Tony wrapped an arm around his shoulder before leading him up the stairs.

"Okay, we can go pick up May, go get pizza. Go get changed, I'll see you in a minute," Tony said softly. Peter nodded and they left to their own rooms. Tony was thankful he had never moved his things out of his master bedroom, he just stayed in Steve's room.

He quickly changed before going to the stairs but stopping at the top to hear them all talking about him. "Why did he put himself in lockdown, Pete?" Clint asked.

"I don't know," Peter said. Loki had taught him mind blockers so Wanda couldn't get into his mind.

"Wanda?" Steve asked before she began trying to use her powers. But nothing happened.

"I can't get in," she said wide eyed.

Tony's eyes widened and he instantly came downstairs. "Did you just try to mind rape my son?" He asked with wide eyes. "What gives you the right? If you wanted to know what was up with me, you could have either asked me or FRIDAY. Leave my son alone," Tony said before gesturing for Peter to come over to him. Tony gently stroked his sons cheek before kissing his forehead. "You alright, kid?" Tony asked gently.

"I'm fine, dad. Don't worry. You know uncle Loki taught me mind protections because he doesn't trust the witch," Peter said softly.

Tony just nodded. "I know, love. I don't trust her either, not when your life is on the line. I don't trust anyone when your life's on the line," Tony said gently.

"I know you don't. Can we go now? I know getting out will help you get over it," Peter said gently.

"Get over what?" Bucky asked. Tony just shrugged.

"You tell me," Tony said looking at the man. Bucky just shrugged.

"I don't know, that's why I asked," Bucky said softly.

Tony and Peter began walking out, but Tony bent and whispered into the man's ear as he left. "Steve yelled at me none stop for the last mission, told me to leave him alone. Broke up with me. That's what's wrong, Buck," Tony said before kissing his temple and leaving with his son. As the man spoke, Bucky's eyes widened until the man left before turning to Steve.

"What?" His best friend said.

"You yelled at him for that mission? It wasn't his fault. Plus his iron legion caught Clint. Said you told him to leave you alone, he assumed that meant you'd broken up. This is your fault. Fix him. You do not want to know what his friends and family will do to you if you don't fix this," Bucky said seriously.

"He did what?" Natasha asked with wide eyes.

"He sent the iron legion after me before I even jumped. Why would you yell at him like it wasn't my choice to jump from the roof in the first place? He was protecting the civilians. Why would you send him away after yelling at him for hours? You're supposed to look after him and that includes his emotional health," Clint said before standing and gesturing for them to follow him. They went to the roof and Clint saw Tony and Peter come out of the building.

"Tones," Clint shouted causing the man to look up at him. Tony called the suit before putting his son on his back before flying to the roof, putting his son down gently.

He stepped out of the suit before looking at Clint. The man just hugged him. "Clint? What's wrong?" He asked the man. Clint just smiled and kissed his cheek.

"What's protocol numbed thirty nine?" Clint asked softly.

"Really? You know all the protocols," Tony said before shrugging. "Thirty nine is the safety protocol for the iron legion. They are directed to protect and save the team and civilians before anything else. No matter what, each of the iron legion has a job, each one is assigned to each of the team members, three for Peter and there's seven for civilians. It's one of my favourite protocols. Can we go now?" Tony asked softly.

"Not just yet. If I jumped off the building, what would happen?" Clint said getting onto the edge of the building. "Let's see, shall we?" Clint said before leaping off the roof. Everyone went to the edge and looked to see him be caught by the same iron legion robot that caught him during the mission. He was flown back up to the top.

"Well, at least I know my protocols still work," Tony said softly.

"Pete, jump,off the building," Clint said. Peter looked at Tony for permission and getting a nod in response, jumped off the building. Three robots caught him and brought him back.

"That was fun," Peter said.

"I told you he's got protections set up to look after us. Why you would ever think otherwise I don't know. I'm glad you broke up with him, you're not worthy of that man," Clint said directly to Steve.

"Wait, he thought I've not got six hundred protocols to protect the team? Wow," Tony said in shock. Of course he's got protocols to protect the team.