Filler chapter 23

AN: I am 21 years old. My mum was born in '54, my dad in '60. I've grown up on music from that generation, Sir Tom Jones, The Beatles and more. But the most important one, is a man known as Elvis Presley, The King of Rock and Roll. There's just been a film come out about his life story, much like that of Freddie Mercury's life story. I love Elvis with a lot of my heart, he means a lot to my family and I. So, I've written this fan-fiction over what I feel Elvis' life would be like in the style of if he were Robert Downey JR. Because RDJ has had such a huge impact on my life since I was the seven year old girl going into the cinema back in 2008 with my brother and my mum to watch Iron Man. And with Elvis meaning so much to me, I finally feel secure enough in my mindset to write the story that kills me every time I've heard it since I was eleven and did a presentation on the life of The King, and make it Marvel. If you know Elvis' story, you.l know it's pretty heartbreaking, so, please expect to cry even slightly. And please, give me feedback on this one. It's taken me weeks to write it because it means a lot to me. Thank you.

————————————————

He was the godfather of all of the films, he started it all, back in 2008. We all know the man, we all know he was in prison, we all know the character and his not so hidden identity. Now, pray ask, what the fuck am I talking about? Well, I guess I can be nice enough so as to explain what the fuck I mean. However, it could be quite disheartening. It's the reason he left the franchise after a decade in the first place. It was killing him to keep going back each year. It was too much. So, when his character death was written in, he was ever so thankful to leave the marvel cinematic universe, and going back to reshoot that scene nearly killed him. He'd just gotten back to his feet slightly, was working on writing his own script to direct, when he was begged to come back. He never wanted to, he was happy with the scenes before, but he went back, for you and for me to reshoot his death a few more times, just because they wanted to torment him.

Even in press conferences about this franchise he created, he'd always been told to be sarcastic, make running jokes and commentary, especially during the panels. It made everyone else seem like saints, and a lot of them were... (the author can name some shitty blonde female in a film she refuses to watch but that's a different story...) but, it made him seem like a horrible person who was only in the role for the money, not that he even gets half of what he should thanks to the producers and directors of this franchise. They took over eighty five percent of his share of monetary value and kept it to themselves. But I'll get into that shortly, there's a story before that, that must be explained before we get there, otherwise, it won't make sense.

Robert got stuck into the contract of five years of marvel films, which he didn't mind. At the beginning he was told it would be a large franchise, the film ideas were boasted upon. But after the first film, he knew it was a joke. He was hated on, despised by the producers and directors of Iron Man. He could tell because when any other actor, such as Scarlett - one of his closest friends on set - or Gwyneth - another good friend on set - messed up they were given gentle corrections. Were it he who messed up, he was screamed and yelled at, was held back after everyone had left and verbally and physically assaulted. But he couldn't do anything, he was an ex-convict against two directors. What could he do?

So, he forced himself to be better, to keep going through this bullshit day in and day out. He hated it. He wasn't happy. He was staying at a hotel for the shooting period, but all he did there was cry for hours upon hours on end. He wanted it to end. Why wouldn't it end?

But now, year after year he came back. It wasn't until he was shooting for Captain America: Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming that anyone noticed his pure fear to be at work. He didn't talk during breaks, just sat reading over his lines in silence, would flinch at loud noises, including laughing. He would have to be on set by four every morning, didn't get to go back to the hotel until midnight. He'd get back and cry himself hoarse. To keep himself awake he turned to drugs, just to perk him up during scenes. He was destroying himself whilst they all destroyed him. What had he done to deserve this? Why couldn't it just end?