Date with Downey

"Hey," Robert said softly.

His coworker looked up at him with a half hearted glare. They didn't really get along, at least in the eyes of others, but lately Robert seemed to just be over it.

"What?" Tina asked in a fake-hatred tone.

"Do you wanna go out for dinner tonight? I know we don't really get along," he said with a wink at the end, "but for this movie to work, we need to at least slightly get along," Robert asked and explained why he asked.

Tina looked at him and tilted her head slightly. "You're paying," she said with a raised eyebrow. "If you're taking me on a date, you're going to give me the entire Downey showdown.  I can be hard to impress," she said with a smirk.

Robert raised an eyebrow at the challenge. He leaned in and gently grabbed her hand before kissing the back of it. "What thy lady asks, thy lady would get. I'll pick you up from yours at 6, if that works for you," he told her gently, lifting his other hand and pushing her hair behind her ear softly.

"Sure, why not," she said with a shrug.

"Good, you want the entire experience? Dress nice, comfy but smart," he told her softly. "You want the restaurant package or the surprise super-date?" He asked her gently, lifting her hand once more and kissing the back of her hand again.

"Hmm, I'll do the surprise super-date. I'll be ready by six, just make sure I get the proper treatment, I don't get it a lot," she said softly. He frowned but nodded.

"I'll give you the best date you've ever been on, princess. You'll forget anything before mine," he promised her.

...

Ding dong...

Tina opened her door before rushing back through the house. "One minute," she shouted back to Robert who laughed softly, letting himself in and closing the door, leaning against it.

She finished applying her lipstick and grabbed her phone, sliding it into her purse before going back to her front door. "You look gorgeous," Robert said the moment she was back in view. He walked over and gently kissed her cheek before holding the flowers and chocolates in his hands out to her.

"How did you know my favourites are daffodils?" She asked looking at the flowers in her hands.

"They were your moms favourites, you told me that when we first met. You're friends with Suzy, we played 21 questions when you first became friends and I got to know quite a lot about you. You take these to the cemetery twice a week when they're in season and have planted a few seeds around the tombstone for your mom. Your family means a lot to you," Robert said softly. Tina's head tilted.

"You remember all that?" She asked him, tears in her eyes. She turned and went towards the kitchen, Robert following her.

"Of course I do, we might have this fake-disliking thing between us, but you do mean a lot to me, when I care about things, I make sure to know as much as I can about people I care about," he said as he leaned against the doorframe as she put the flowers in a vase.

"Thank you, it means a lot that you remembered," she told him softly. He came over and hugged her from behind,

"You look stunning. We need to get going, are you ready, baby?" He asked softly. She turned in his arms and gently patted his cheek.

"Let's go then, I wanna see this full showdown. Wow me, JR," she told him causing him to smirk once more.

"Baby girl, once I'm through with you, you'll never want another date because I'll woo you so well. I'm going to show you how a proper date should be, not like the bs you've been through in the past. Trust me, T, you'll have so much fun," Robert nodded softly.