Filler chapter 30

"Who are you?" Steve asked as Natasha held a sword up to a girls neck. The girl continued to type on her computer, this wasn't anything new to her. She didn't say a word to anyone.

Her phone rang so she picked up up, resting it on her shoulder as she continued working.

"Hello?" She said into the phone. "Oh, hi, Mr. President. I'm good thank you, how are you?" She asked.

It was a couple of minutes later of her humming before she leaned into her bag on the floor, her head moving so her neck got pushed into the sword. She pulled out a diary and sat back as Tony came into the room.

"Yes, sir, I believe he will be free on Tuesday at noon. He can fly to DC that morning," the girl said turning to Tony who nodded in agreement. "Yes, sir, of course, I'll let him know. Have a nice evening," the girl said before ending the call and writing it into her diary.

"Who was that?" Tony said softly.

"President Obama. He wants a conference meeting with you, set it up for Tuesday at noon. Can you please take the sword away now?" She asked turning to Natasha who nodded and slowly removed it.

"Tony, who is this?" Steve asked.

"You do not have clearance to ask such a question," FRIDAY spoke up.

"What?" Clint asked in question.

"It's true. But if you must know, she's my assistant, Ella-Marie. That's all you need to know," Tony said. "El, we need to go," he said as she packed up.

"I know. I set up the meeting," she said softly. Tony just took her bag from her before resting her hand on her upper back and leading her out.

"You look so gorgeous," Tony said as they walked downstairs to the meeting room.

"Thank you," Ella said softly. They had this weird chemistry. He was always super sweet with her, did anything she asked, hugged her, made her feel safe and loved. She knew he was with Pepper so she couldn't figure out why. Especially when she saw him with Pepper. His eyes light up, he seems free. But Pepper never seemed to appreciate him, always giving him dirty looks and never treating him right.

Tony loved Pepper, he knew she didn't love him back, it was obvious. But he also loved Ella. They got on well together, they could and have spent hours chatting about nothing but it never getting awkward. They really worked well together, their brains were very in sync.

They went to the meeting before going back to the common room of the penthouse. They saw all the avengers on the lounge but ignored them and went to the kitchen. Ella sat on the counter as Tony began preparing them some pasta. The avengers came in to watch them but they ignored the others.

"What are you doing tonight?" Tony asked the girl as he left the water to boil.

"I think I'm babysitting Melody tonight. I'm not sure, her mom said she was feeling unwell so I'll have to call and check but other than that, nothing really. I have plans to finish my blueprints for that project we're working on but that can wait," Ella said softly.

"Good, we're going out, I have to tell you about this new project and things for work so... call your sister to see if Mels okay, if she is she can come too," Tony said as he added the pasta to the now boiling water.

Ella pulled out her phone. "Hey, Sel, how's Mel?" Ella said into the phone. "I can still watch her. T wants her to come out with us, is that okay?" She added looking at Tony who nodded. "Okay, T said Happy will fetch her," she said. "Okay, love you, see you tomorrow," Ella finished ending the call.

"So?" Tony asked.

"Melody is feeling better but she still has a sore throat. She took the medication you gave her last time she was ill and it's really worked for her. She will be here in about half an hour. She's excited to see you again," Ella said. Tony drained the pasta and put it into separate bowls before passing her one and taking one for himself.

"Well, duh. I'm her uncle Tony. Of course she can't wait to see me," he said sitting on the counter next to her since the table was full of avengers.

"Yeah, but she's not seen you in two weeks, that's like a year to that girl. She really is excited to see you," Ella said her head resting on his shoulder.