Filler chapter 13

Tony didn't even look at the papers handed to him by Fury. "I'm not doing them now I need to leave," he spoke.

"No one leaves this room until all papers are signed. What, Stark? Got something better to do?" Fury asked.

At that the door opened and a young girl came in. Tony stood and picked her up as she cried softly. "FRI says it's time," she spoke.

"I know, Angel, I'm coming," he spoke.

"I just said you're not leaving. Sit back down," Fury spoke with anger in his eyes. Tony flipped.

"Okay then, you explain to my five year old niece why she can't go to her parents funeral because I have paperwork. Go on, I'm her last living relative since Manchurian Candidate over there killed my parent. Tell her then," he spoke turning her to face the man who paled.

"Uncle Tony. Can we go say bye to mommy and daddy?" She spoke looking at her uncle.

"Sorry Angel, this horrible man and his stupid group say I'm not allowed to leave. I'll let you see them later," he spoke sitting back down and pulling out a pen.

"No, you can go," Fury spoke. Tony just signed the papers except the last one. He wasn't giving them $2 billion. No way.

"No, the others haven't finished their paperwork. You said I can't leave, which is against my will by the way. I have let you dictate what happens in my own home more than enough. What no one knows yet is I'm knocking the tower down. I'm turning it into a school for disabled children. The work starts on Monday. I will be living in my one bedroom apartment. You all will be homeless. I'm sick of being abused and neglected," Tony said before calling a suit and flying off with his niece to the funeral. They were the only two there.

He took her for a meal afterwards before going back to the tower. He gently placed her in bed as she'd fallen asleep on the way home before leaving the room to the lounge.

"You're not seriously kicking us out are you?" Natasha asked still in shock.

"Except Clint who already has a home and Bruce who has the house I bought him a few years back, you all will be homeless in two days. Also, I quit the avengers. I have legal rights to everything I've worked on weapon wise so I want them back to. You've finally done it, got rid of me just like you all wanted. So, good luck, you'll need it," Tony spoke up before the young girl came running into his arms. "Calm down, Little One. I know it's been a long and hard day, but it's alright, Uncle Tony is right here, go to sleep, Angel. You'll be alright, I won't leave you," he spoke in Italian. Everyone watched as the girl fell asleep in his arms as Tony rocked her.

"Where's Pepper?" Steve asked.

"Left because I brought my niece back the day her parents died in front of her," Tony spoke not looking up from the girl in his arms. "Told me I shouldn't take vermin out of the streets but never let me explain who she is and if I wanted kids to sleep with her instead," he added. "Trouble is I never even liked her really, not enough to sleep with her," he spoke finally looking up from the girl in his arms.

"What's her name?" Clint asked running his fingers through her hair softly.

"Melody Maria Desmond. She's named after my mother who was killed in front of my sisters eyes," Tony spoke softly.

"What do you mean?" Steve asked in shock.

"Oh, my sister, she was four at the time, was in the back of the car when Barnes decided to waltz and kill my parents in front of her eyes. I'd known since then as I became her parent. I was in college, was fourteen and my sister became my daughter. I lost my parents, became a parent whilst in my freshmen year," Tony said with a shrug. "I've always known who killed them. For one, my sister filmed it for evidence for the police and for two, I'm a genius. It's not hard to tell when your fathers friend killed him. I grew up around you two, always hearing the stories of you and your fighting styles, it's not hard to figure out who could murder someone in the James Barnes way," Tony added without emotion.

"Can I back track. You bought me a house?" Bruce finally spoke up still in shock,of what he's learned tonight.

Tony finally smiled as he looked at his best friend. "You'll love it, it's even got a lab and a room for Hulk to play in and stay safe in. I got it for you as a safe house should you have needed it five years ago. I'll give you the information later. You're my best friend. Besides, Rhodey lives in a house I paid to have built so it's only fair my other friend got the same treatment. The safe house Clint's family live in? I paid towards getting it built and protected. I sent him a couple hundred thousand for it. I'm not an animal. I'm a decent human being sometimes. Besides, even if I am knocking the tower down, I have more than enough places for you guys to live. I'm having everything organised and signed over as we speak. I'm staying in the smallest place I own which is a one room study apartment because I don't need anything else. I have hundreds of houses built to my needs, I can go anytime.