Ironhusbands

"Why are you still in the lab?" Rhodey asked his best friend leaning on the door frame. Tony turned to look at him.

"Hey honey bear, not seen you in a while," Tony spoke stopping his work and turning in his chair as the colonel came in and walked towards him. Rhodey hugged his best friend tightly, Tony happily hugging back.

"That'll be because you don't leave the lab, like ever," Rhodey spoke sarcastically. "What are you working on?" He asked.

"Nothing much, just finishing up actually, was working on the kids suit," Tony spoke before turning and shutting everything down. "Let's go," he spoke before grabbing Rhodey's hand as they left. Since the issues with the accords, Tony had been spending more time in his safe houses, and that's where he was now. He was in a safe house in New York just because he could be. No one except Rhodey knew where he was and that's how he likes it.

But seriously, he'd been cooped up in his lab for like 4 days and Rhodey really just wanted to spend time with his best friend so he had to get him out of there. Tony took them into the kitchen and began making food, Rhodey sitting on the countertop next to his best friend. As their food cooked, Tony came and separated Rhodey's legs before standing between them. Rhodey let his hand come up and run through his best friends hair as he pressed a kiss to his forehead. "Well, Tones, this is a kitchen. I know you haven't seen one in such a long time. You make and store food in here. Not that you remember what food is," he added with a smirk. Tony just rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. I know what a kitchen is dipshit, I just prefer to work, you know that," Tony spoke softly, leaning his head back to look up at his friend. Rhodey just smiled, still running his fingers through the boys hair.

Rhodey bent and kissed his friends lips softly, Tony's hand coming and resting on the back of his best friends neck as he kissed back. It might have shocked Tony to begin with, but he really didn't mind. This wasn't their first kiss and it certainly wouldn't be their last kiss. After thirty years of friendship, he would not complain. He loved kissing the other man.

Rhodey pulled back causing Tony to look back up at him. "What was that for?" Tony asked softly. Rhodey just pressed another peck on his friends lips before speaking up.

"Just felt like it," Rhodey spoke softly causing Tony to just shrug and nod at those words.

"Can't argue with that logic," Tony spoke before putting their food onto plates. Rhodey took a plate and they both went to the lounge and sat directly next to each other as they ate and made small talk. When they were done, their plates ended up on the coffee table with Rhodey laid on top of Tony as they watched a movie. Tony ran his hands up and down his friends back softly. "I love you," Tony whispered, pressing a kiss to the top of his best friends head. Rhodey turned his head and kissed Tony's chest softly in return.

"I love you too," Rhodey spoke gently. It was true. He wouldn't change his friendship with the other man, even if Tony repeatedly annoyed him. He really did adore his friendship with the other man.

"Do you remember when we first cuddled like this?" Tony asked softly.

Rhodey rolled so his chin was resting on his chest looking at Tony. "Yes, of course I do, you wound up drunk and I woke up at like 2 am to you crawling into my bed. I tried to tell you to go to your own bed but you wouldn't so I just held you as we both fell asleep. I miss college," Rhodey spoke gently.

"Yeah, I didn't want to leave, I'd rather cuddle you than anyone else. I came home drunk every weekend just so I could cuddle up with you," Tony spoke softly.

"You don't know how thankful I was that you came back to me every week. I didn't want to think about you going home with anyone else," Rhodey whispered.

"I never would. You were and still are my favourite person to cuddle with. You're always so warm and without a word you know exactly what I want," Tony spoke gently. "Besides, I love you, I always have. More than anyone or anything else," he added.

"I love you too. I don't know why I keep you around but yeah," Rhodey spoke with a smirk.

"Because without me your life would be boring," Tony responded without skipping a heartbeat. "Plus you said it yourself, you love me," he added with a smirk.

Rhodey lifted himself up before pressing his lips to Tony's in a violent but loving manner, Tony's hands coming to the man's hips. They kissed for a good minute and a half before pulling back. Tony let them both breathe for a second before pulling Rhodey into another mind blowing kiss. Tony flipped them so he was on top of Rhodey before pulling back to look down at the man. "I do love you, so much," Rhodey spoke as he gasped for breath.

"I know, I love you too," Tony spoke softly. Tony rest his head on Rhodey's chest and felt himself begin to fall asleep. Rhodey ran his fingers through Tony's soft locks as the man did so before allowing himself to fall to sleep as well.

The next morning Tony woke up first, pressing his lips to Rhodey's softly to wake the man up. "Hey Tones," Rhodey spoke after the man pulls back.

"Hey baby," Tony replied. He refused to move from his best friend arms, and Rhodey wouldn't let him anyways. They spent the day just snuggled together.

"You're gorgeous," Rhodey spoke later in the day.

"Thanks, love. You're stunning," Tony replied looking away from the TV to his best friend. Tony gently played with Rhodey's abs softly, running his hands up them. Rhodey breathed in so there was more abs to feel but Tony just stopped until he breathed out again. "I adore you," Tony spoke as he snuggled back into his friends chest.

Nothing could change how they felt about each other, nor how their friendship was.