Fathers Day

AN// unfinished. I ran out of ideas. Maybe I'll finish it soon!

Tony knew Peter was with May that week and Harley was in summer school - the kid was failing... everything - so, he was to be alone on Father's Day. He couldn't help but feel a little upset at that, I mean, his kids were not even gonna have time to call him on the day. He could see the headlines now, Tony Stark, forgotten on Fathers Day, is he really as good as the world makes out if his kids don't want to be around him? Does it make him selfish if he wished for just a text message from them?

It does, right? Scratch the last train of thought then.

Tony sighed, looked at his watch for the time before deciding to go and see his own father - not that Howard was ever a father after he created Steve Rogers in a laboratory, but hey ho - and lay flowers on his and his mothers' graves.

So, he got up and left towards the garage, forgetting his phone on the couch, and hopping into a run down car that doesn't have FRIDAY built in. He wanted to be alone. He drove to a store and bought two bunches of flowers, one mixed ones and one of white and yellow roses for his mom before going off to the private cemetery that his parents were buried in. He walked over and knelt in front of his dad first, placing the mixed flowers in the pot with some water.

"Happy Father's Day. You and I were never close, Howard, but with my kids not wanting to remember me, I decided to come and pay my respects to you. Don't worry I'll see mom later. Am I doing okay, Howard? Am I doing well for these kids, or am I just hindering them? Maybe I should leave them alone. They both have better lives and they'd be better off without me, right? You know they would. You always were. I bet Steve will come and see you soon. I know you loved him, a lot more than me. I didn't mind, you're still my father. I used to think I was useless and worthless because you were always focused on work when I was little, but growing up with Jarvis and Mom, I learnt that work is important to you so I pulled back to allow that to become your personality. You were always happier when I was quiet and leaving you alone, but you always checked in on a Friday after school. Just to make sure I was still alive and looking after mom and me. You'd ask about school and make sure my grades were up to par as Heir to the Stark family, you'd check I was physically okay and mentally okay, and when I was having a rough week, you'd take me to bed to rest and you'd look after mom for a few hours so I could get better. You never wanted me hurt, work was important to you, but you'd never neglected me or hurt me. I guess what I'm trying to tell you is that I am so thankful for you. I might have acted like a brat, I was a horrible child for you, but I didn't mean it. I never wanted you to be murdered, especially by your friends best friend. I'm sorry, dad. I'm sorry I wasn't good enough for you, I try to be the best thing for Harley and Peter, but I don't think I'm right for them. I just, I don't know how to tell them. Maybe I'll just message them that I'm going on a tech ban and they can only reach me if it's a dire emergency. Maybe I should just tell them I can't be around them anymore. Will that work? I'm not cut out for this, I never will be. I... thanks for listening dad. I'll come back in a few weeks with an update for you. Don't worry about me," Tony said softly. He'd been crying throughout the night being sat there with his dad. He stood and moved to his moms grave laying the flowers and water in the pot before saying four words, "I love you, mama," and then leaving, hopping into his car and driving home.

He got back to his compound and took himself up to the lounge. "Boss, you left your phone here. The others are worried about you," FRIDAY said.

Tony just sighed before going out the elevator into the lounge. "He might have been kidnapped or gotten hurt," Clint said worriedly as the avengers sat around the table with his phone in front of them. Tony rolled his eyes before grabbing his phone, getting looks from all the avengers, Harley and Peter, who for some reason was there.