Hugs 2

Rhodey grabbed Tony's hand causing the other man to stop getting ready and look at him. Rhodey lifted an arm around Tony's neck and pulled him down into a kiss, Tony letting his hands grab Rhodey's hips as he kissed back. Tony let Rhodey decide when to pull back and when he did he tilted his head in question.

"What was that for?" Tony asked softly. He knew the other man was trying to get into the army and, well, being gay wasn't really allowed.

"Just felt like it, is that okay?" Rhodey asked a little shyly.

Tony just smiled at him and kissed his cheek before continuing to get ready. "Always, it's always okay," he said as he grabbed his jacket.

He began putting his phone and credit cards and stuff he needed into his pockets as Rhodey sat back on his bed and continued to study, which is what he was doing before he kissed his best friend. When Tony was ready he sat next to Rhodey before turning the other man's head and kissing his lips again. "I'll be back in a couple of hours, okay? I'll see you soon," Tony said softly. Rhodey nodded before pecking his cheek before Tony left.

Rhodey continued to study and if he moved to be laid on Tony's bed as he did so, no one had to know. Tony came back after two and a half hours and smiled seeing Rhodey in his bed. He began getting changed before sitting next to his best friend. "Hey, Tones," Rhodey spoke looking up from his work.

"Hey, JJ," Tony spoke softly. "You almost done?" He added. He didn't want his friend to work himself into a grave, he seemed to study for forever with barely any break.

Rhodey just closed the book and let it drop onto the floor before laying down on Tony's bed, Tony copying him and wrapping his hand around his friends waist and pulling him tightly. "Did you have fun?" Rhodey asked. They'd seemed to slip into this cute little thing and they didn't seem to care. Tony rest his head on Rhodey's chest softly.

"Same old situation, went out with the group for a meal and they ended up going clubbing with the girls so I came home. I'd rather be here anyways," Tony spoke as he gently drew hearts with his finger on the other man's hip.

"Well it's a good distraction from my work if you're here. I'm glad you had fun," Rhodey spoke tiredly.

——————————————

Tony stopped working because he wanted a hug. He left his lab and went up to the living room where all of his teammates were. He never got invited to their group hangouts anymore. The others always seemed annoyed when he was around, like he just killed the mood and just went all silent until he left.

Tony walked in and as he'd thought, the conversation ended. Tony didn't speak, he just walked to where Rhodey was sprawled out across a couch and tilted his head slightly. Rhodey placed his drink on the ground before opening his arms, allowing Tony to slip in between Rhodey's thighs with his head on his chest. Rhodey held him tightly.

Everyone was shocked but didn't comment and just went back to talking. "What's wrong, T?" Rhodey whispered to his best friend as he ran his fingers through Tony's hair softly.

"Wanted a hug," Tony replied before closing his eyes and allowing himself to drift off, Rhodey's actions allowing him to sleep in mere minutes.

"What's that all about?" Steve asked Rhodey after seeing Tony sleeping.

"Oh, it stems back to college really, we're always hugging when we're together, it's just our friendship. He falls asleep easier when he's being held. He says it makes him feel safe," Rhodey spoke looking at Steve.

"Oh. Why does he never sleep then?" Sam asked with a raised eyebrow.

"He doesn't feel safe enough to. I'm not spilling his secrets as to why, they're really personal. He says he's felt safe with me..." Rhodey spoke but was cut off.

"Since college, I get it. Now let me sleep," Tony spoke not opening his eyes.

"Tony?" Bruce said causing the man to sigh and look at his science brother.

"Hmm?" He asked the green giant.

"Why don't you sleep?" He asked once more.

"Like JJ said, I don't feel safe enough. My dad liked to hit me and stuff, especially when I was unconscious. So, I sleep as little as possible. Since JJ and I first cuddled like this I'm college, I've always felt safe enough to sleep. That hasn't changed," Tony spoke softly but the silence in the room makes his words seem louder.

"Remember the first time?" Rhodey asked softly.

Tony just swivelled his head so he was looking at his best friend. "Of course, I remember every time I've slept since I've met you. If I'm not with you or Pete I just can't sleep so I don't," Tony spoke before laying his head back down and falling to sleep, properly this time.