Boyf Riends- Mute AU

Jeremy shifted his bag uncomfortably as walked the halls of his new school. He couldn't find his new classroom, and was getting more and more worried as the warning bell rang. He  frantically grabbed his schedule out of pocket, as if it would tell him where his class was. And he could just ask someone because A) he didn't want to seem like some loser who couldn't find his classroom, and B) he couldn't talk which was kind of a problem.

"Hey! You look a bit lost dude. Can I help you?"

Jeremy looked up from schedule to see a (very attractive, mind you) guy his age, wearing a baggy red hoodie with patches all over it. Jeremy nodded his head a bit, and handed his schedule over.

"Oh hey! We have a ton of classes together. We can walk together!" The shorted guy started walking, and Jeremy quickly ran after him.

"So! You're new here, right? I'm Michael. And you are...?" Michael asked, not looking at Jeremy.

Jeremy inwardly sighed, knowing he wouldn't be friends with the handsome guy once he knew, but started signing anyway, not realizing that Michael wasn't looking at him anyway.

"Dude, you good?" Michael turned towards Jeremy, catching a bit of sign language. "Oh!" 'Are you deaf?' Michael signed.

Jeremy was taken back, but quickly signed, 'No, mute. You can sign?'

Michael laughed. 'Clearly! My mom's best friend signs too, so I learned from her. So, what's your name?' Michael opened the classroom door for Jeremy.

'Jeremy Heere. It's nice to meet you!'

Michael smiled and grabbed Jeremy's hand, leading them both to to empty seats in the back.

Jeremy smiled as he took his seats right next to Michael. He already knew he wouldn't be the cool guy, but maybe, just maybe, he won't be so left out this time around.