Tree Bros- Fairy Tale AU

Part Two will be out tomorrow, and the Tree Bros really starts there. This is the introduction to Evans character.

Prince Evan lived alone in his tower, surrounded by flowers. Well, he didn't originally. He had his mom, his 'friends', and all of the villagers. But... things change quickly. He still remembers that night.

"Mom? What's wrong?" Evan asked his mother, the Queen, as she tucked him into bed.

She smiled a fake smile, hoping her son wouldn't catch it. "Oh nothing, just... today was stressful."

"I-I'm sorry, I-I would have been fine if you didn't do anything for my 15th birthday... I don't um, I really don't need much."

"I know, sweetheart." Heidi kissed her son on his forehead. "Now get some sleep, tomorrow's a big day." She got off of his bed and headed to the door. "I... I love you, Evan. More than you'll ever know." She whispered, loud enough for him to hear.

She closed the door and collapsed on the floor.

"Your majesty?" Heidi looked up to see her sons only friend, the jester.

"If I may, ma'am, uh, did you tell him?" Jared asked.

"No. I couldn't. I... I can't."

Jared reached out a hand, helping her up.

"You know, your majesty, Evans a strong guy. He'll find a way to reverse the curse. He can do it, I know he can." Jared said, trying to convince both of them.

Evan listened through the door. 'What curse?' He backed away from the door, heading back to his bed.

He turned to face the bed, but now sitting on top of the bed was a beautiful flower crown, embedded with seemingly flawless blue flowers. All different types of blue flowers.

It seemed to be calling his name as he walked towards it. He carefully picked it up, walking over to his mirror. Once he reached it, he delicately placed it on his head.

Instantly, his body was racked with pain. He collapsed in pain, trying to get the crown off his head. He tried to shut his eyes, but they stayed open, forcing him to witness the blinding ray of light that came from the flowers.

After seemingly hours, (although he knew it was most likely minutes), the pain stopped. He shakily stood up, again trying to take the crown off, but still he couldn't.

He could feel tears streaming down his face as he looked in the mirror in a panic. He gasped as flowers began to grow near his feet. He stepped away from them, but more just appeared.

He hated this next option because of social interaction, but he felt like it was the only one left.

"Mom! MOM!" He yelled. He yelled and yelled, but no one came. No mom, no knights. Evans breathing became more rapid as he ran to the door in a panic. He threw the door open, and ran out into the hallway, the flowers trailing after him.

The guards stationed by his door were there, but both were seemingly asleep.
He turned his attention to his mothers dress at the end of the hall. 

"Mom?" His voice broke as he saw his mother slumped on the ground, with his only 'friend' by her side.

"Mom no, no you have to be awake. You have to be alive. Mom?" Sobs racked his body as he hugged his mother. "Mom."

He felt her chest rise and he jumped back. She wasn't dead! But, she wouldn't just sleep like this. He stood up, shaking more than he was earlier. Flowers encased them both in a protective layer as he backed away.

He ran around the whole castle, breathing heavy, but he couldn't stop.

Every room.

Every person.

Asleep.

And the flowers just seemed to grow more as his anxiety grew, following him from every room.

He was alone. He'd always wanted to be alone, but now that it came true...

He didn't know if he could make it.