Connor X Evan- Football AU

"Veronica if you ever want to be on the cheerleading team, you need to work on your high V because, WOW, it's bad. We aren't ever going to make it to nationals with that."

Connor went down the line, telling each girl and guy what they needed to fix, ending with his sister.

"Go ahead," Zoe smirked. "Hit me. I'm too shaky? I need to get stronger? Higher V? Point my toes?"

"Well I was gonna say good job, but sure. You need to work on those too."

Zoe smirked at her brother before turning to the other cheerleaders. "Okay guys, you're dismissed."

"Hey! That's my job!"

"Hey I'm doing you a favor, captain. Look who's coming over." Zoe smirked, pointing behind Connor.

Connor discreetly glanced over his shoulder, only to lock eyes with the star football player.

"Oh shit he's coming over here. Connor don't worry, I've got this."

Connor tried to stop her, but it was too late.

"Evan! How are you! How was practice?" Zoe asked, batting her eyelashes just to spite her brother.

"Oh hey Zoe! Um, practice was good! We-"

"-well it's been fun talking to you. I've got to go, later fam!" Zoe sprinted off the field. Connor gritted his teeth and his sister left them, no doubt trying to hook them up.

Evan chuckled. "Your sister's funny. So, uh, how was cheerleading practice?"

Connor rolled his eyes. "Oh my god Evan, don't even get me started." Evan laughed as they both started walking to Connor's car.

"Is your sister still trying to set us up?" Evan asked as they were pulling in to Evans driveway.

"Yeah. I've tried to tell her! She just won't listen to me."

"W-well... maybe I could say something tomorrow?"

"What do you mean Evan?" Connor unlocked the football players door, and closed it behind them.

"Well um. I'm not sure but... I want to tell other people? About us? Only if you want to though I would never do anything you didn't want to do I mean-"

"Evan. It's fine. I'm totally up for it. But what do you want to do?"

"I don't know," Evan said, plopping down on the couch, dragging Connor with him. "But I'll do it."

Football practice and cheer practice were, luckily, at the same time. Connor could watch Evan play when he thought Evan wasn't looking, and Evan could do the same.

"Son, get over here." Coach motioned to Evan, moving them closer to the cheerleaders. Both Evan and Connor pretended to not notice.

"Yes coach?"

"Son, something's off with your aim today. You're having trouble throwing straight."

"I'm having trouble being straight sir."

Evan looked over at Connor, and smiled. "I love you babe!" He yelled.

"I love you too babe!" He yelled back, then turned towards Betty. "Now, about your T jump..."

And that's how Connor and Evan outed themselves.

Idea from a tumblr post