Kleinsen- Goin' Viral

This totally isn't inspired by the Jared song that wasn't put in DEH I mean what

Set in the universe where Connors dead FYI.

Warning: Evan has a panic attack

"It's just, I'm just, I told her, I told her not to put it on the website, but she did, and-"

"Well, yeah, of course she did. That shit goes viral." Jared laughed obnoxiously into the phone. "Fucking viral!"

"But it's just a letter, it shouldn't, it shouldn't be, can't you just, like, take it off?"

"That shit never gets deleted." Jared rolled his eyes, opening his laptop. As if to prove a point, the Connor Project was already pulled up.

"Look, I'm sorry, but now you're famous! And is that really a bad thing?" Jared didn't get a response, so he kept going. "Kids are gonna dress like you for Halloween! Oh, and your face will be everywhere."

Jared scrolled down to the letter posted on their website. "Dude, people love sharing this kinda stuff. It goes viral way faster than you could ever thing, and... are you crying?"

Evan sobbed again into the phone, and Jared slammed his laptop. "Evan? Talk to me buddy."

Evan tried to get out words, but he couldn't breath properly. All of the stress and anxiety was hitting him like a ton of bricks, and he couldn't escape.

"I'll be there in a minute. Stay on the line with me, Evan. You'll be okay."

Jared seemed calm on the phone, but all of his emotions were running wild.
He didn't mean to upset Evan. He would never want to hurt him. He thought he was being helpful, but just like always, he just had to screw something up.

Thank god he'd taken those online classes about panic attacks.

He got Evans key from under the mat and unlocked the door, locking it behind him, he ran up to Evans room where he knew he would be.

I need to work out more, holy fuck.

Jared tried to calm himself before entering the room so Evan wouldn't get so freaked out.

Eventually, he calmly opened the door, stepping closer to Evan.

"Evan? Hey, I'm here. You're not alone."

Evan gently nodded his head, still trying to breath properly. "Calm down, it's okay. Take deep breaths, okay? Can you match my breath?"

Evan tried, taking short breaths to work himself up.

"You're doing so well, good job. Hey, what's your favorite color?"

"B-b-bl-blue."

"Good. What's your name?" Jared asked calmly. He noticed Evans breathing had settled down slightly, but he didn't want to draw attention to it.

"Ev-ev-Evan, Evan. Hans-Hansen."

"Perfect. Good job. One last question, okay?"

Evan nodded his head, his tears starting to slow.

"What's my name?"

"J-Jar-Jared, Kl-Kleinm-man. Kleinman."

"Perfect. I'm so proud of you, Evan. You're awesome." Evan gave a weak smile, all of his energy slowly fading away.

"Hey, I'm going to help you to bed, okay?" Evan nodded, slowly getting himself off the floor. He took Jared's hand, not blushing out of tiredness. Jared's face, however did turn bright red, but he told himself it was only because of the running he had just done.

Evan climbed into his bed, and Jared softly placed the blankets around him. He tried not to look at how beautiful Evan looked, but he couldn't help it. Evan looked so at peace, besides the dry tears on his cheeks.

Jared wiped a tear away, and started to turn back to go home.

He stopped once he felt a hand on his writs. He turned around, and Evan looked at him with pleading eyes.

"Stay."

Evan sounded so desperate, and Jared couldn't say no even if he wanted to.

Jared kicked off his shoes and climbed into Evans bed. Evan pulled Jared closer to him, using him like a teddy bear.

He's just doing this because he had an attack. Jared had to remind himself. He doesn't like you like that.

But Jared still buried himself into Evan more, letting himself be the comfy teddy bear Evan needed.