Tree Bros- Cooking by the Book2

"Jared!"

Jared turned around, smirking as he leaned up against a locker. "What, miss me already?"

"What? N-no, I just, um," Evan looked around quickly before handing Jared his Pumpkin Spice Frappachino. "Here. I-I don't, I don't want it."

Jared looked back at Evan in confusion. "Dude, not that in like, upset or anything, but why do you keep giving me PSL's?"

Evan looked around before leaning in to whisper to Jared. "I uh, well, Connor really liked pumpkin flavored things, and so, um, I thought that I would like, I guess, play along? But I really hate pumpkin flavored things, and I just-"

"Okay, okay. Jesus. You know, you could just like, tell Connor. You know, like a normal human."

"N-no, he's so, so excited and I just." Evan looked up at Jared with a pleading look. "P-please don't say anything to Connor."

"Cross my heart." Jared overly exaggerated the motion over his chest. "Now go to class, loser."

"Jared! Come here."

Jared turned around, his eyes widening when he saw who was calling him.

He gave Connor his signature smirk, and leaned up against a wall behind him.

"What do you need, Hot Topic?"

Connor rolled his eyes, and handed him a Starbucks drink. "Take it."

"Is it like, poisoned?" He asked cautiously.

"What? No, it's just a pumpkin spice."

Jared raised his eyebrows, as if asking for a better answer. Connor sighed, and rubbed his forehead. "Look, Evan really liked pumpkin flavored things, and I'm trying to like it more for him, but I took one sip of that thing and almost threw up. So take it."

Connor paused, turning away from Jared. "And don't tell Evan.

And with that, Connor walked away, leaving Jared behind in confusion.

As much as he wanted to be the trash can for PSL's, he realized he needed to do something about this.

Signing, he texted Connor and Evan individually to come straight to his house after school.

If they wouldn't talk, he would force pumpkin down their throat.

"Jared? W-w-what's uh, what's this for?"

Evan nervously played with his shirt, while Connor just glared at Jared. He leaned back in his chair, ignoring the worried looks Evan was giving him.

"Well lovebirds, it seems like there's something you aren't telling each other."

Evan looked at Connor before turning back to Jared. "W-which one of us?"

"Both!" Jared threw his hands in the air, exasperated.

Both boys in question refused to look at each other, and Jared rolled his eyes.

"Fine. I didn't want to do this the hard way, but I will." Jared ran out of the room before quickly coming back with two pumpkin spices.

He smirked, giving each of them a drink before sitting down on his bed. "Go on. Take a fucking sip, babes."

Both boys glared at Jared before the carefully moved the drink to their mouths. They held the cup there longer then they should have, waiting for the other to take a sip.

Evan was the first one to break. "I can't do it, I can't, I'll, I'll-" He held back a sob, and Jared took the drink from his hands.

"I-I'm s-sorry, sorry C-Connor, I just, you just looked so happy making all of the treats, and I just, I just."

Connor put down his drink, and sat down right in front of Evan, placing his hands on Evans thighs. "Hey, no, sweetheart. Look at me."

Evan wiped away a falling tear, looking down at Connor.

"I hate pumpkin. With a burning passion. I thought you loved pumpkin, so I always made more things for you. You should have told me you hated pumpkin."

"I-I didn't want to hurt, hurt your, your feelings..." Evan mumbled, playing with his hands. 

"You wouldn't hurt my feelings, sweetheart. You can't really control what you hate.

Evan gave a weak smile, and Connor lightly brushed Evans lips with a kiss.

"Okay!" Jared loudly clapped his hands, earning death threats from both boys.

"That's enough gay for one day! Now, go, get out of here before you infect me with your gay."

Connor stood up, and took Evans hand, helping him up too.

"Y-you realize y-you're more gay t-than both of us, right, Jared?"