Connor X Evan- Royalty AU

Connor was expected to go to the royal ball.

Of course he was, he's the next in line, and he needs a princess. But he had somehow hoped to get out of the situation none the less.

You see, he wasn't interested in any of the women here for him. It's not that they weren't beautiful, (anyone could see that they all were), it's just that he already had someone in mind.

That someone was Evan Hansen; Connors full time maid. Connor had fallen head over heels for him ever since he had started working there in the summer, around the end of May or early June.

Connor and Evan had talked and formed a bond that neither had ever had before. Connor wanted to be with Evan forever, but it was against the palace rules for a prince to marry a commoner, much less a maid.

So here Connor was, miserable as ever, waiting for this party to be over so he can be with Evan alone.

"Connor, I-I-I um hate to interrupt your thoughts but um... are you okay? Isn't this, isn't this party good? You'll find your princess here!" Evan stuttered out, a bit nervous with all of the people in the palace. Connor could see Evan messing with the bottom of his skirt.

Connor glared at Evan, but softened when he saw how nervous Evan was. "Yeah yeah, I'm fine, but are you? You're shaking! Let's take you back to my room."

"No!" Evan said, loud enough for others to hear him, but they eventually turned away when they saw it was just a maid. "No," Evan whispered, "Don't do that. People might suspect something. I-I'll be f-fine I promise. Just a little... anxious? There's too many people and I'm not used to this many people and I thought that it would be fine to not take my medicine because I didn't think that-"

"You didn't take your medicine? Hansen you can't just do that!" Connor whisper yelled. He looked around, and thankfully his parents were chatting with another royal family. He turned back to Evan, who was starting to hyperventilate.

"Alright let's get you out of here, okay? Just follow me, and breath slowly."

Connor grabbed Evans hand and they walked back to Connors bedroom, where Evan sat on Connors bed. Connor went to go get Evans medicine, and came back with it and a glass of water.

"Drink up." Evan did what he was told.
"I'm sorry that-"

"If you're about to apologize for taking me out of the party, don't sweat it. I was looking for an excuse to leave anyway." Connor said, giving Evan a lopsided smile.

"O-oh really? Why? I thought you wanted to find who you'll marry? Or did I maybe make that up and wow I'm just rambling again I'm sorry..."

Connor chuckled. "I've already found who I want to marry. You."

Evan felt his heart stop, and his face heat up. "M-me? How? I'm just a maid, you're... you're!"

"Evan. You're the only person who's actually talked to me and not always called me 'You're Highness' or 'sire' or whatever. You listen to me! You actually care. You're sweet, and kind, and so so amazing. You're the only one I want."

Evan was speechless. No one had ever said anything like that to him. So, in the adrenaline rush, Evan leaned forward and kissed him.

Connor was taken back for a second, but none the less joined in. They both parted when they couldn't breath, panting a bit from the impact.

"You look cute when you blush, Hansen" Connor smirked. "Y-yeah well.. um..." Evan tried to make a comeback but had none. Instead he just put his face in the taller one's chest, blushing from embarrassment.

Connor leaned back into the bed, so that both of them were laying down and Evan was on top of him.

They laid in the beautiful silence, with the faint noise of the on-going party.

"Connor... what if someone comes looking for us?"

"Don't worry, Evan," Connor smiled, giving Evan a little peck on the cheek. "When the time comes, I'll deal with it."