Tree Bros- You Will Be Found

Requested by @two_player_michael for their friend Mercy (lovely name btw) Warnings: Drugs, Depression, cutting, cursing, angst. I'm sorry, and you have been warned.

Connor angrily let out a puff of smoke before throwing the joint on the ground and rubbing it into the concrete. Even his weed wasn't calming him down.

He needed to get home. Now.

"Connor! Connor?" Connor growled slightly at the sound of Evans voice. It's not that he was mad at his boyfriend, he just... needed to get home. Get to his high. Away from Evan.

"C-Connor? Are um, are you okay? I mean, I can tell you aren't, but I just um, wanted to ask you?" Evan moved to place his hand on Connors shoulder, but Connor moved away. Evan reluctantly took his hang back.

"I'm fine, Hansen. I just need to go home." Connor turned his heels and headed for his car, not bothering to look back.

"O-oh, okay. Sure. No, uh, no problem! I-I love you!" Evan called back. When he didn't get a response, he called Jared to pick him up and drive him to the store.

"So what, he's an ass to you, and you're just gonna let it happen?"

"He's not being a-an ass, he's just, he has, he needs love, okay? So shut up and drive me to his house." Evan mumbled, clutching the grocery bag.

"Whatever you say, man."

The rest of the car ride went by in silence, until they finally arrived at Connors house.

"T-thank you, Jared." Jared just nodded his head before closing Evans door and speeding off.

Letting out a deep breath, Evan got out the key Connor had given him, and opened the door, thankful to not be greeted by Connors family. He immediately went up to Connors room, but stopped when he heard faint music coming from the bathroom.

Connor dug deeper into his skin, relishing in the deep red color. His arms were scattered with the lines he had created, ones from weeks ago, and some from days ago. He had been four days clean, but here he was again.

"C-Connor? You um, you okay baby?"

"Shit." Connor mumbled under his breath. He had forgot about the spare key. "I'll uh, be out in a minute!" He called back, quickly wrapping up his arms and putting away the razors.

Evan waited anxiously by the door. He had a feeling he knew what Connor was doing, but Connor had stopped right?

Wrong.

As Connor stepped out of the bathroom, Evan noticed three small things that he knew Connors family wouldn't have.

1) Connors fake smile. When he normally smiles, his eyes shine a bit brighter, and he always tucks his hair subconsciously behind his ear as if to distract the person who made him smile.

2) Connor had his hoodie unzipped, which meant he had just put it on. He always like to have it zipped up, and even told him once it made him feel weird when it wasn't.

3) Who could ignore the slight bandage peaking out from Connors sleeve? Connor must have noticed it too, because he pulled his sleeve down more.

"Is there something that you want, Evan? Not to seem rude, but I'm kinda busy, so..." Connor trailed off, avoiding eye contact. He could hear a loud thump as Evan dropped the bag he was holding.

"W-what happened to your arm, Connor?"

Connor wasn't ready for that question. "I-I uh, I fell."

"S-show me your wrists." Even with his stutter, Evan was intimidating. "Show m-me your wrists, C-Connor." He growled.

Reluctantly and worriedly, Connor pulled back his hoodie sleeves, to show the tinted, newly placed bandages.

"Baby..." Evans crude voice was replaced with a sorrow one. "Baby?" Connor reluctantly looked at Evans face, and hated himself more when he did.

Evan already had tears slowly down his face, with red blotches appearing on his cheeks. His eyes were full of hurt, but not at Connor. At himself. For not noticing sooner.

"I-I'm sorry, p-please, please don't, please, I can't, I won't I-I" Evan stammered out before pulling the taller boy into a forced hug, sobbing into his chest.

Connor felt tears start to form in his eyes as Evan whimpered into his chest.

He couldn't make out much out of the nonsense, but he could hear Evan say one thing clearly.

"Please d-don't leave me. I n-need you."