Tree Bros- Demons

Requested by @turqoiusesurora05

Based off the song Demons by Imagine Dragons.

Warnings: Depression, mentions of attempted suicide.

Needless to say, this is Angst

Evan knocked gently on Connors bedroom door. "Con? Baby? You, you okay?"

"Go away." Connor mumbled from his bed. Evan gently closed the door behind him, walking towards Connors bed. Connor buried himself further into the sheets, as if trying to hide his inner demons.

"Connor? Do you uh, want to talk?"

Connor didn't move. He thought that if he didn't move, either Evan or the demons would go away.

He was wrong.

"You don't, you don't have to, I just want you to know that I'm uh, here?" Evan asked gently.

"Go away." Connor growled. Surprisingly, Evan stood up, but he didn't leave.

"No. No, you, you need me." Connor didn't respond, and Evan sighed. "I know, I know I don't really get the full aspect of your uh," Evan hesitated to say depression. "...Demons." Evan held up air quotes, but Connor didn't look up.

"Um, I just... I mean, I know you don't really want me to know 'the truth' about your uh, demons, but I..." Evan trailed off, trying to find the right words to say.

"When I look in your eyes, um, you could, you could be smiling really wide, but, but you can't change how sad your eyes look." Evan gently smiled, trying to ignored his red face and tears forming.

"And, and I know you're uh, trying to push me away? Because, because you probably want this to be like a uh, cheesy romantic musical, but um, real life isn't like that. So, just, don't get your hopes up." Evan lightly chuckled, but it was broken between his light sobs.

"I just, uh, I just really love you? And I know you're struggling, and I just don't want you to... to..." Evan trailed off, finally falling to the floor. Images of last years Connor filled his mind. He tried to ignored them, but they just flashed faster in his mind.

"I can't... please don't..." Evans stopped himself as Connor wrapped his arms around him.

The boys held each other as they cried, knowing that each other was there and alive.

Even though Connors demons would never go away unless the light in his eyes did; he knew that Evan would be there to help him see some light in the darkness.