Boyf Riends- Stupid

Requested by @TheHalfAwakePoet

Another Angst inspired by the song Stupid by Brendan Maclean

(Fluff is coming soon I swear)

Michael smiled weakly at Jeremy before getting up, saying something about going to the bathroom.

Jeremy just nodded his head, too head over heels about Christine to care.

Michael walked past the bathroom, to the front desk. He mentioned something about his mom to the front lady, and she just nodded her head.

He smiled slightly to himself, walking confidently out the front doors before the confident demeanor vanished. It was replaced with tears. Tears of knowing he'd never be with the boy he loves.

Michael walked through the park by his house, hoping to clear his mind. He dropped his bag, and sat down in the middle of it all. No one stupid can bother me here. No one-

Michael sighed as his phone went off in his pocket. Reaching down, he smiled before frowning.

It was Jeremy.

"Jeremy, what's up?"

"Dude! I didn't get to see you after you went to the bathroom, right?"

"Right..." Michael dragged out, unsure of where this conversation was going.

"Right! So, I was sitting kinda alone, and then Christine came over..."

Michael tuned him out. Jeremy kept talking, but all he could think about was Christine. He said it with such love in his voice.

"...and I think we now have a date! Or something. I don't know, but I'll take it." Jeremy paused for a moment. "Uh, isn't that great?"

Michael didn't answer. Instead, he hung up, and threw his phone in his backpack.

"God why is that boy so stupid." Michael pulled his knees to his chest, sobbing lightly.

"If he just weren't so stupid."

"Uh, Christine? He, he hung up on me. That wasn't part of the plan!"

Christine lightly placed a hand on his shoulder. "Well, um, maybe he's just, so jealous, that he had to walk away? He's probably going to be all over you soon! Just you wait!"

"You, you really think so?"

"I know so!" Christine said with fake confidence in her voice. "Don't worry. Michael loves you, I just know it."

The cute 'I was jealous but I love you let's kiss' never happened. Jeremy sat alone at their lunch table, waiting for it to happen, but it never did.

Jeremy tried to wave him down for lunch, but Michael walked right past him. Michael sat down underneath a tree, and began talking to one of his stoner friends.

Jeremy sighed, looking down at his plate. He pushed it away, not hungry anymore.

If these boys weren't so stupid
They could have loved each other.