Tree Bros- Fight For Me pt2

Well, I wasn't gonna write a part two, but since you guys asked...
Warnings: Suicide is talked about and implied

Evan leaned against the bottom of the tree, thinking 

"Wow Evan, you got over your boyfriends suicide real quick. Did you even like him?"

"W-what? Y-yes! I-I-I always have, a-and-" Evan tried to talk, but Chloe cut him off again.

"Really? Because it seems like you started dating Connor before Jared even hit the pavement!" She put her hands on his hips. "Were you the one that convinced him?" You know, to jump?"

"N-no! Please, I, I loved him so much, a-and I- I didn't, I wouldn't!"

Evan snapped out of the horrible memory, but another one just replaced it.

"Hey baby. How was your day?"

"F-fine, Con, um, how w-was your day?" Connor narrowed his eyes at Evans response.

"Who's bothering you, baby? You know you can tell me anything."

Evan froze up. "I-I it's, uh, no one?"

Connor let out a small chuckle. "Well, that just told me that there is, in fact, a someone. So who is it?"

Chloe had the wonderful idea to walk past the boys that very second, making sure to glare at Evan before walking away.

"It's her, isn't it?" Evan didn't make eye contact as Connor pressed closer to him.

Connor slammed his hand on the locker, just above Evans head. "Isn't it?"

"N-n-no!"

Connor instantly pulled back when he saw the fear in Evans eyes. He had to remind himself that Evan would be scared easily.

"Honey, don't you know that honesty is the best policy in a relationship? So tell me," he nonchalantly leaned in. "It's her making you feel upset, right baby?"

Evan shuttered as he thought of the 'Missing Child' posters now around the school. He couldn't keep letting this happen. He had to do something.

But what?

Evan looked up at the tree he was sitting underneath. It looked high enough for what he wanted to do. Quickly making up his mind, he began climbing the tree.

He was so determined to reach the top, that he didn't hear his phone going off in his pocket.

Finally, he reached the top. It was a long way down.

Hopefully long enough.

He stood, planted to the top branch.

Until he finally let go.

Evan woke up groggily in a hospital bed.

"Hey, sweetheart! You're finally awake!" Connor brushed back a strand of hair from Evans face.

Evan froze at the touch. Why hadn't it worked? Why hadn't it worked?

"You're lucky I tracked you on your phone! You broke your arm and a few ribs from falling! The doctor told me that if the tree had been any higher, you could have killed yourself!"

Evan stared blankly ahead. He had been so close. So Close.

"What were you doing in that tree anyway?" Connor asked, grabbing Evans free hand and squeezing it lightly.

"I-I I was..." Evan trailed off. "I fell. I was climbing, and then I just, I fell, so."