Tree Bros- Artist Block

Just... just fluff man

Connor angrily tore out another piece of paper from his sketch book.

Nothing was turning out right, and it was driving him insane. It was a stupid easy grade, so why couldn't he do it?

Connor badly needed a muse, and at this point, he would even take his sister.

Connor was about to give up, when an anxious looking boy carefully walked up to him.

"H-hi, um, I'm sorry, it's just, um, are you okay?" He seemed like he wanted to keep talking, but he stopped himself. "I'm sorry, I should, I should just."

Connor stood up quickly, scaring the blue eyed boy. He froze, and Connor calmed his body motions. "Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I'm Connor, by the way."

"E-Evan, and uh, don't, uh, don't worry about it." The boy awkwardly shuffled his feet, seemingly embarrassed. "B-but, uh, are you okay? Y-you seem upset, so I just, I just um."

Connor tilted his head before the boys eyes glanced at the crumble pieces of paper around him. "Oh yeah, no, it's just, I'm uh, supposed to draw something for an art project, and I just can't."

"U-um, is there anyway I could, I could help you?" Connor thought for a moment, before giving Evan a once over.

"Actually... yes. Do you mind being drawn?"

Evans face flushed, but he shook his head. "N-no, I mean, nah, that's, that's totally fine with me."

"Great," Connor gave Evan a caring smile. "My house, after school?"

Evan fumbled with his hands. I shouldn't have done this, he was probably making fun of me, oh god.

Just when Evan was about to turn away, Connor opened the front door. "Hey, you actually came." Connor stepped to the side, opening the door wide for Evan. "You can come in."

Connor moved with confidence to his bedroom, and Evan carefully followed him, almost trying not to make any noise.

"Okay Evan. You can just kinda, sit there. Just make sure you're comfortable, cuz this might take a while." Evan nodded his head, getting into a comfortable position. "I-is this okay?"

"Perfect." Connor smiled at Evan, and Evan visibly relaxed. "Ready?"

Evan let out a small word of approval, and Connor began to draw the beautiful boy in front of him. Connor made sure to talk to Evan the whole time, asking him questions so Evan wouldn't feel uncomfortable.

Finally, after two hours, Connor was done.

"Can I see? I mean, I don't have to if you don't want to show me. I get it. Sorry, I should just-"

"Evan." Evan stopped rambling quickly as Connor slipped the sketch book to face Evan.

Evan didn't answer for a few moments, and Connor got worried. "Yeah, I know. Horrible, right? It's some stupid school project about how 'Things always aren't what they seem'. Sorry, I know it's bad-"

"No!" Evan instantly lowered his voice. "I mean, no, it's not, it's not bad. It's... beautiful."

Evan stared at the picture again. Connor had drawn Evan beautifully, with a small, happy smile on his face. Evan looked happy, but all around him where broken pieces of glass, mostly around his head. Some of the glass had faces on it; crude, angry faces.

"It's uh, supposed to kinda represent your anxiety? Because I mean, you look like a normal, happy kid, but your anxiety is caught up in all of that..." Connor trailed off, his face heating up but he kept his signature scowl.

Evan looked back up to Connor, with gentle tears in his eyes. "It's so... so beautiful."

"You can keep it." Connor said, not  thinking.

"N-no, this is, this is your art project, I can't just-"

"Take this one." Connor gently tore out the page from his book, handing it to Evan. "And just come back again tomorrow so we can draw another picture."

Evan smiled wide. "Y-you, you want me to come back?"

Connor smirked. "You want to come back?"

Evan smiled wider.

"I'd love to."