Tree Bros- Swap AU

Requested by @TheHalfAwakePoet
They have some awesome fan art for it too, so go check it out!
A Swap AU is basically Evan as Connor, and vise versa.

Connor awkwardly walked through the halls, trying his best to avoid everyone.

But it's high school, so he did manage to bump into someone.

That someone, was Evan Hansen, the schools freak.

"Hey, watch it." Evan growled at Connor pushing him slightly.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't, I I just-" Evan rolled his eyes. "Whatever man."

Connor silently thanked the gods as Evan began to walk away from him. He let out a small sneeze, and that's where everything went downhill.

"What the fuck are you laughing at?"

Connor froze like a deer in the headlights. "What?"

"Stop fucking laughing at me." "I-I'm not."

Evan stepped closer to him. "Do you think I'm a freak?"

"No! I-I don't-" "I'm not the freak."
Connor tried to back up, but he was pressed against the lockers. "B-but I wasn't-"

"You're the fucking freak!" Evan stormed off, leaving a shaking Connor behind.

Connors day wasn't going as well as he had hoped. First was Evan, and then the presentation in English.

He shuttered in the cold winds. His sweater was helping, but it would help way more if he actually had a jacket. He couldn't afford one right now, so he didn't even want to bother his mom about it.

Speaking of his mom, she was supposed to be here twenty minutes ago to take him to therapy. Where is she?

Calling: Mom

After a few rings, his mom finally answered. "Hey sweetheart? What's up?"

"Um, where are you? I don't, u don't see your car, and-"

"Oh crap." Connors heart dropped when he heard her say that. It meant he wouldn't get picked up.

"I'm so sorry sweetheart, it's just, late shift, and-"

"-No, it's totally fine." Connor said, even though it wasn't fine. "I'll just get Jared to give me a ride."

"Is he still there? Will he do that?" She sounded relived, so Connor divided to lie.

"Yep. I see him right now, bye mom!" He quickly hung up on her, cutting her off.

He pulled his sleeves down more, and began to make the long trip to his house.

About five minutes in, and older, beat up car pulled up next to him.

"What are you doing?"

"I-I'm." Connor stuttered out as Evan looked at him questioningly. "I'm just, walking home?"

"Are you kidding me?" Evan laughed, and Connor assumed he was making fun of him.

"I'll just, I'm just going to-" Connor tried to get away, but Evan grabbed his arm through the car window.

"No, no, I'm sorry." He let go of Connors arm. "Do you, god this is stupid." He mumbled to himself, but Connor heard him. "Do you want a ride? Back home? It's like, freezing out, and I don't want you to like, die."

Connor froze in place, confused. Why was Evan being nice to him?

"Do you want a ride or not?" Evan asked impatiently. Connor quickly nodded his head, and slid into the passengers seat.

This was going to be a long drive.