Connor X Evan- Secrets pt2

Sure!

Sure!

"Yeah, of course." Evan paused. "No, he doesn't know." He paused again, unaware his husband was listening.

"Of course. I'll bring the money tomorrow night. Thank you." Evan hung up the phone, and Connor took this as an opportunity to come out and pretend he didn't hear anything.

"Hey baby, how was work?" Connor wrapped his arms around Evan, and Evan jumped a little. "O-oh! Um, good, you?"

"Fine. Hey, I was thinking, why don't we go on a date tomorrow? We haven't gone on a date in a while, babe."

Evan stammered a bit before he carefully answered. "I-I uh, have late shift tomorrow night. B-but maybe Wednesday?" He gave a small smile before he scurried off to their room, leaving a hurt Connor behind.

Connor couldn't believe it. He never thought that after all of this time, Evan would ever cheat on him.

But apparently, he was wrong.

Maybe they don't tell each other everything.

The next night, Evan got ready to leave the house, but was stopped by his husband.

"O-oh, hey Con, I'm uh, heading to work, so if you could maybe move?" Evan tried to shuffle past Connor, but he was blocked again.

"Connor?" Connor eventually looked up with glossy, red eyes.

"I thought you loved me, Evan."

Evan was shocked. "O-of course I love you? Why-"

"Yet here you are, lying about where you're going, and cheating on me."

Connor let out a sob. "Are you cheating?" He glared at Evan.

Evan shrunk back a bit. "N-no! I'm not! I-I swear! I-it's just, I-I um-"

"Then where are you going?" Connor growled.

Evan opened and closed his mouth, eventually leaving it closed.

Connor scoffed. "Yeah, that's what I thought." He turned to leave his cheating husband behind as he retreated upstairs.

"Wait! Please!" Evan sprinted after him, grabbing his arm.

"What?" Connor let out, devastation clear in his voice.

Evan took a breath before spilling out everything in one breath.

"I'm not cheating on you, I would NEVER cheat on you, I'm sorry that you think that but, I'm actually doing something for you and since you probably don't believe me, can you just follow me? Please?"

Connor lightly nodded, and Evan whipped the tears from both of their eyes.

A while later, Evan dragged Connor to a tall, professional looking building. Connor narrowed his eyebrows, looking around in  confusion.

"Oh! You two must be Mr. And Mr. Hansen. Welcome!" A middle age woman walked over to them, a clip board in her hand, and a coffee cup in the other.

"I'm Mrs. McNamara. I'll be taking care of you two in my office. Follow me!"

She guided the two to her desk, where she carefully placed her belongings before she began speaking to Evan.

"So, Mr.Evan, I'm assuming you still haven't told him?"

Evan chuckled nervously, squeezing Connor's hand. "W-what gave you that idea?"

"He looks very, very confused and is glaring at me a bit." She giggled.

Connor quickly avoided eye contact with her and blushed. "Sorry." He mumbled.

"It's quite alright! Now Evan, you said you looked through the papers right? A pick out... a little boy?" Heather shuffled through her papers.

Connor looked wide eyed at Evan. "A... a boy? Are we gonna-?"

"W-well only if you want to of course, I mean we don't have to, but you've been hinting at wanting a kid and I just-"

"Evan." Connor cut him off. "I love you so much, and I'd be so happy to raise a kid with you. I just don't think I'll be good enough..."

Evan blushed as he happily kissed Connor on the cheek. "W-well, I think you'll be amazing, sweetheart."

"Perfect!" Mrs. McNamara held up a piece of paper.

"Let's see here... ah yes! Michael!" She scanned the paper a bit more. "Are you two sure you're up for the challenge? He has bad anxiety, and can't seem to make friends at the orphanage."

Connor looked at Evan expectingly.

"I-I uh, he seemed a lot like us? Loners? And um, he was really happy when I talked to him? He said something about most people not talking to him, and-"

"As long as you liked him," Connor interrupted, "then I'm sure I'll love him."

"Alright! It says here you've already done the home inspection, and most of the paper work. We just need Connor's signature and the payment, and you're free to take him!"

Connor quickly signed everything he needed to, and handed it back to her.

"Perfect! And congratulations on your new boy!"