Tree Bros- Prince Pt2 (Alt. ending)

Evan stirred in the bed, waking Connor up instantly. Connor gently placed a hand on Evans cheek, rubbing it softly.

Evans face relaxed instantly, and he leaned into Connors touch.

Connor had almost drifted off to sleep when he heard the door open, he turned to see a scared... what was his name again? Jared. A scared Jared.

"I'm sorry." Jared whispered, starting to close the door.

"No, no it's fine. We'll uh, we'll get up soon." Connor gave Jared a smile, and was shocked to see Jared look so surprised. Jared weakly gave Connor a smile before closing the door softly behind him.

Wow. I really have been a jerk. Connor thought, glancing back at Evan.

He gently nudged Evan, running a hand through his hair. "It's time to get up, Evan."

Evan nodded, he slowly opened his eyes, and almost fell off the bed in astonishment.

"Connor?" He asked. "You... you stayed here?"

"Yeah?" Connor asked. "Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know," Evan mumbled, sitting up. "I just thought... maybe you'd... leave."

"No," Connor said, confidence in his voice. "I would never leave you. Not now."

Evan lazily smiled, taking Connors hand and pulling him out of bed. "Come on, we have, we have a wedding to be in."

"...do you, Evan Hansen, take Connor Murphy to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

Connor snapped out of his awe stricken thoughts, and studied Evan.

"I do."

"And do you, Connor Murphy, take Evan Hansen to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do." Connor said, forcing confidence into his voice. He heard the small sighs of relief from his family, and he rolled his eyes. Evan let out a small laugh, and Connor gave him his signature smirk.

"-are there any objections for these two men to be happily wedded? If so, speak now or forever hold your peace." The monotoned priest asked.

The room was silent, and Connor sent a silent thank you to the gods.

"If there are no objections," The priest said, glancing around. "Then I pronounce you two husband and husband. You may kiss."

Evan smiled, standing on his tiptoes to reach Connors lips. Connor smiled into the kiss, and the room was filled with applauses from all around, and a few shed tears.

"So, husband," Connor said, dragging out the husband. "How'd you like to get some free food? It can be only us, if you want." Connor asked, whispering in Evans ear.

Evan smiled, taking Connors hand. "I thought, I thought you'd never ask."