Boyf Riends- Jeremy is a mess

Jeremy loved horror movies.

Every October, he would make sure to binge watch at least three horror movies each Saturday. Sometimes he would invite his friends, but they tended to talk and make fun of the movie the whole time. He'd decided that this Saturday he would be alone, with the lights off, and a bowl of warm popcorn next to him.

Now, just because Jeremy loved horror movies, doesn't mean he's good at handling horror.

Thinking back on it now, Jeremy probably shouldn't have watched Friday the Thirteenth.

Or Saw.

Or It.

But it was too late to go back and change what he'd done.

So now, Jeremy sat straight up in his bed, realizing that sleep was not his friend.

He swore he could see pennywise moving around his room in the darkness. Or was it jigsaw?

Jeremy shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts.

Those are fictional characters. They aren't real. They aren't real. They aren't-

Jeremy screamed when he heard a tapping on his window. Instantly, he was covered in a cold sweat.

He grabbed the closest thing to him, ready to attack.

The window slid open, and Jeremy waited until the creature was halfway inside before throwing the object in his hand at It.

There was a soft thud, and a moment of silence.

"Did you just try to throw a stuffed animal at me?" Michael let out a soft chuckle, moving closer to Jeremy so Jeremy could see his face. "Shouldn't you be more prepared for a monster attack?"

"J-j-Jesus Michael, I-I swear," Jeremy started to lightly chuckle, Michael could see the tears in his eyes.

"Hey, I'm sorry I scared you. But to be fair, it's your fault for watching all those spooky movies without me."

"Y-you know a-about that?" Michael gave him a deadpanned look.

"Dude. We've been best friends for twelve years. I bet I could even tell you what three you watched."

Jeremy wiped a tear away. "B-bet."

"Let's see... definitely It, probably Saw... and... The Shinning?"

Jeremy shook his head, his tears drying. "C-close. I didn't watch The Shinning. That I'm saving f-for when we go on a date to uh, like, spooky hotel."

"Oh really?" Michael smirked, and lightly pushed Jeremy over in the bed. He wrapped the covers around them, and held Jeremy's hand. "When were you going to tell me about this date?"

Jeremy blushed and looked away.    "W-well, I just, thought, I don't know, that it could be kinda... cute?"

"You, a guy who's horrible with horror things, wants to take me, a guy with anxiety, into a haunted hotel?" Michael let out a small laugh. "Good luck with that."

"N-no, no, it'll, it'll be great. I promise." Jeremy let out a soft yawn before snapping his eyes open.

"Hey," Jeremy looked into Michael's soft, caring eyes. "You can go to sleep. I'll protect you from the monsters. I promise."

Jeremy closed his eyes, and fell asleep with a smile on his face, knowing he was safe in Michael's arms.