Tree Bros- Radio Rebel

"Evan!" Evan slowed his walking so Jared could catch up with him.

"Dude! Have you seen what's all over YouTube?" Evan shook his head.

"I uh, don't really go online much. What's, what's up?"

"Oh my god dude. You need to get in more." Evan rolled his eyes.

"J-just, just show me the video."

Jared pulled out his phone, quickly finding the video. "Here." He handed the phone to Evan, and Evan gently took it.

The video began to play, and Evan almost dropped the phone.

The boy in the video held up signs, telling the viewers what was going on.

Hi! I'm going to be singing a song that I wrote, and I hope you like it!

"He didn't want to be known by the public, so he didn't speak or show his face, which like, he totally should have! I mean, do you know how many chicks he'd be swimming in right now?"

"I-I um, I have to, to go." Evan stuttered. He shoved the phone into Jared's hands, running down the hallway. He could hear Jared calling after him as he raced past the hundreds of people with headphones and phones.

At first, he thought they were filming him, so he slowed down. But he realized they were doing something much worse.

They were all watching that video.

And if they weren't, they were talking to each other about it; gossiping about who it was, how old he was, and if he was single.

Evan raced towards his first class, trying to ignored the eyes all on him. Reaching the door, he stopped, and gently opened it.

Thankfully it was mostly empty. Evan let out a sigh of relief but then sucked it back in as he realized Connor was here.

Connor Murphy, the boy who he was so madly in love with.

Evan breathed in and out, trying not to draw to much attention to himself as he walked back towards his seat right next to Connor.

Walking closer, Evan realized Connor was listening to music.

Maybe he hasn't seen it. Maybe he doesn't know.

As Evan sat down, he saw the video playing on Connors phone. He also couldn't ignored the small smile forming on Connors face, but he was more worried that Connor was listening to him. 

More people filled the room as the two minute bell rang. Evan tried again to control his breathing, focusing on his teacher getting ready for class.

As the final bell rang, their teacher faced the class. "Alright kids. I get it, everyone's obsessed with that video." The class erupted into chatter, and the teacher held up a hand to silence the students.

Maybe we won't have anything to do with that video. Maybe he's heard it so much, and he doesn't want to hear anything about it again! Evan thought hopefully.

"I get it students. So today, our assignment is to analyze the song the song and figure out all of the metaphors in it, and figure out what it's about."

Evan sunk lower in his seat as the class cheered for Mr.Reyes.

This is going to be a long day.