Boyfs- Santa's coming for us pt2

It is totally fine to have different head-cannons about what religion everyone is. I made Michael Catholic because that is the main religion in the Philippines.

Jeremy and Michael trudged across the snowy ground, holding their weapons high.

The days had dragged on, making the boys tougher than they thought they would ever be.  Jeremy didn't even flinch as Michael shot down another one of them.

"W-we need, we need a break." Jeremy mumbled out eventually.

Michael sighed, his breath turning into a cold fog around him as he spoke. "Yeah, but where?"

"I," Jeremy glanced around. "Uh, maybe the school?"

"Are you just suggesting that because of AOTD?"

Jeremy didn't answer, making Michael chuckle. "Yeah, we can do that. That might actually have people."

"Welcome. Religion or lack there of?" Michael and Jeremy turned to the girl who asked them. She smiled tiredly, having done this for a long time.

"I'm, I'm sorry, what? Why?" Jeremy asked, grabbing Michael's hand for comfort.

"We need to make sure you can come in. Religion?"

"I'm, I'm Jewish, and he's an atheist." Jeremy mumbled assertively.

"Alright, you can go down that hall down there. Atheists will have a special screening to make sure they haven't caught the infection. Weapon check is on the left, classroom number 1220."

They thanked her and walked away. Michael waiting until they were far enough from the girl to whisper. "Jere, why'd you lie about my religion?"

"I... I have a feeling that if you told them you were Catholic, they wouldn't let you in." Jeremy mumbled, not looking at Michael, but giving his hand a reassuring squeeze.

They got their weapons tagged, and headed to the cafeteria to see if they could find anyone they knew. They noticed the guards standing at the doors, but they knew better than to draw attention to them.

They glanced over the cafeteria, and Jeremy let out a breath of air. "Evan!"

The boy looked up, scared. His boyfriend instantly jumped, ready to attack, but relaxed when he saw Jeremy and Michael.

"Jeremy!" Evan ran up to him, hugging him tightly.

"Hey Jared." Jared nodded to Michael, and they gave each other a hug. Holding tight, Jared whispered in Michael's ear. "Aren't you catholic?"

Michael nodded his head before struggling out of his grip. "I didn't celebrate Christmas this year. I was with Jeremy instead."

Jared nodded. "I gotcha. I'll keep your secret, secret. So, what'd you say? Atheist?"

Michael nodded. "Yeah, well, Jeremy said that, but, uh, yeah." He chuckled awkwardly.

Jeremy walked over to his boyfriend, smiling softly. "I think... I think we're gonna be okay. It's gonna be-"

"Jeremy?"

Jeremy turned sharply. "Dad?"

Jeremy was engulfed in a tight hug, and he tried his best not to cry. "I was so worried."

"I'm fine, dad." Jeremy pulled back, smiling.

"Michael?" Michael smiled slightly, a worried look on his face. "Hey Mr.Heere."

"What are you doing here?" Michael noticed the guards start to listen in on their conversation, and he tried to please with Mr.Heere through his eyes. "Uh, I came with Jeremy? Since, you know, we hung out together the night it happened?"

"Well, yeah, but you're Catholic, so."

Michael and Jeremy tried to not freak out. "Sir, I'm Atheist."

"No, I'm pretty sure you're Catholic. Didn't Jeremy go to your church a few times?" Mr.Heere asked loudly, not realizing the silent pleads everyone was giving him.

The guards inched closer, and Michael looked down at his shoes. He took a deep breath, and looked over at Jeremy. "They're going to take me away, and I need you to stay with the others. Don't come looking for me, and take care of yourself."

"No." Jeremy mumbled weakly. "Please." He grabbed Michael's hands, and the guards stepped in, forcing the two apart. They held Michael's arms back, and Jeremy fell to the floor, sobbing and begging to go with Michael. He tried to follow, but another guard held him down.

Michael thrashed against the guards arms before finally giving up. Realizing this would probably be the last time Jeremy saw him, he put on a brave face. "I love you!" He yelled loudly, drawing attention to the group.

As Michael was dragged away, he didn't hear Jeremy's soft reply.

"I know."

"Where are you taking me?" Michael asked after a while.

The guards holding him didn't reply for a while, and Michael was about to give up. "To run some.. tests."

"Tests? Guys, I like, failed Algebra." Michael chuckled at his own joke, trying to seem more confident.

"Not those kinds of tests."

Michael sucked in a breath. Be strong for Jeremy. Be strong for him.