Draco x Harry ~ Do We Deserve Love? Part 1 (Shadowhunters Au)

A/N: okay, so in this Au, Draco is the only one who has magic, but Harry isn't a muggle since this is a separate world and...

Okay, if you know the Series ShadowHunters :the mortal instruments, it's kinda like the Alec Magnus dynamic. Season 1.

It doesn't take place in that (it totally does) world, but is a lot like it. If you have no idea what I mean, watch the show or look up Malec moments up in YouTube, you should get the gist of it.

(It totally is a shadowhunters au)

Anyways!

..................

Harry trusted him. He wasn't sure why he though teaming up with a warlock/wizard, whatever he called himself, was a good idea, but there was something about how he carried himself.

Draco Malfoy, the elusive wizard of London, always dressed to impress, with tight fitting suits that would make any guy drool over him, or maybe that was just Harry. Draco's almost platinum blond hair was combed back haphazardly, a few strands falling in his face, so soft and milky that he looked almost porcelain, all finished with stormy gray eyes, which lit up Every time he felt the need to strike a joke.

Despite the constant threat of monsters, beasts of all kinds, he always seemed quite happy. Or, he pretended he was, cracking jokes and making innuendos. He charged a hefty price, after all, no one alive was quite like him.

"Oh what is it now dear sh- Harry! What a surprise, I thought the other shadow hunters would be joining you?" His lips pulled into a small smirk as he picked up a nearby glass of what looked like a blue liquid of sorts. He raised a brow at Harry and took a sip.

"I thought I'd listen to your advice," Harry informed, shoving his hands in his pockets, not sure how to continue the conversation, or lead it.

"Dies that mean you're finally going to live for yourself? Not let your family, that institution control you?" Draco set down the glass and looked at Harry hopefully.

"Yes, I'm thinking for myself for once." Harry let out a small smile and Draco walked over to him, smiling as well.

"So," Draco asked, "what does that mean? What have you decided to do?"

Harry's smile dropped, and he glanced away from Draco, "I'm getting married," then, before Draco could even add anything, "to Cho."

Draco faltered, his own smile dropping, "what?"

"It's a good partnership. Together we can take over the institution," Harry fully informed.

"Partnership?" Draco spat out, obviously affected, "there's no emotions in what you're doing Harry, and the two of you will suffer because of it." Draco clenched his fist, hitting the couch that stood besides them, "you be alone."

"You have to sacrifice emotions as a shadow hunter. They're only a distraction." Harry said, repeating the same lines he heard for years, over and over again. Actually believing it.

"You both deserve love! She doesn't deserve this and Harry frankly, neither do I." Draco closed his eyes, clearing his head. His nails dig into the back of his couch as he pulled away from it. He moved away from Harry and towards the large window that overlooked London.

"Dr-"

"No." He turned towards Harry. "I know you feel what I do, this racing in my hearts my messed up thoughts that just can't seem to escape you, everything-" his breath faltered, as did his words, voice cracking, "everything I do now, can't seem to escape you. I want it to, so badly, but I can't. I just-" Draco but back more words, and glanced back out the window.