Draco x Harry ~ Do We Deserve Love? Part 2 (Shadowhunters Au)

A/N: to those who know the show and disagree with the pairing, I was originally going to do Ron and Blaise as Magnus and Alec, Harry as Jace, Draco as Clary, Neville still as the awkward vampire friend, but I'm more of A Malec fan than Clace (I think that's their ship name, it's been awhile). And well, yeah.

It's not going to be 100% like the show, because that would be boring, so there are a few differences here and there.

This will be more themed around season two (around the Malec parts, but like, added shut since I'm me and this ain't exactly like the series)

Anyways!

..........

The sky thundered loudly, throwing streaks of white lighting that shot out like tendrils to the hard ground. Rain picked up pace, dancing in the night sky. The wind fished the deal, moaning in delight as the night raged on, each one happy with their perfect little nightmare.

Harry and Draco were simply at Draco's place, lounged about. Okay, that wasn't exactly what was going on, but it might have seemed that way from an outsiders' perspective.

Harry was laying in Draco's lap, wincing every once in awhile while Draco calmly played with the ends of Harry's hair, in attempt to calm him down so he could get up and grab what Harry needed. He hummed an old tune as he did, and each little hum made Harry's quivering body relax, bit by bit.

"This is why you need to let someone else handle things sometimes." Draco scolded, getting up and moving Harry so he was resting more comfortably.

"Well, I know you'll take care of me." Harry laughed dryly, groaning.

Draco rolled his eyes and got some cold and wet rags. Obviously, magic could've sped up the process, but Draco let the thought slip his mind for a brief moment as he came back. He softly pressed the rag to Harry's forehead, Harry immediately relaxing.

Draco hummed, "some things your healing runes can't heal."

"Well," Harry huffed, whining slightly, "I didn't expect that I would be left with a cold as well as injured." Draco merely shrugged as he kept the rag to Harry's forehead.

"You're still human, you need to remember that. Even downworlders are subject to mundane things like colds. Just rest, alright?" Draco asked softly, to which Harry begrudgingly nodded. "How is everyone else?" Draco hummed.

Harry laughed softly, "they're great. Sometimes I think they're better off without me," Harry admitted.

"Harry, dear," Draco cleared his threat, "without you, they'd be dead in a ditch somewhere, you're the common sense out of that lot."

"You're just saying that," Harry smiled.

"I wish I was. They would actually get themselves killed if it wasn't for you. I wouldn't care too much about them either if it wasn't for you. You've unlocked something in me, something I never thought I'd feel again," Draco's cold fingers brushed gently against Harry's cheek, then he pulled them away, simply humming once more.

Harry smiled through the pain, looking lovingly at Draco, "I still owe you that date I promised." Harry laughed, a warm bubbly laugh that seemed to overcome the pain he felt.

"Yeah," Draco smiled, "you do still owe me that, but right now, rest." Draco snapped his fingers, casting a small spell of sorts, and Harry found himself getting drowsy, happily dosing off with Draco watching over him.

Harry sat at the bar, his finger swirling, running around the rim of the glass. Draco's been around a long time. Obviously he'd been with quite a few people, but Harry wondered, just how many had been before him.