~35~ Their Love Says It All

Ellie's POV

I wake up with joy surrounding me. With Liam and Sasha, I just felt so sad that I was "losing" them on their wedding days. I don't feel like that today. Emma might not live with us anymore after today, but I am most definitely NOT losing my daughter. I'm gaining Trace as a legal son. Megan and Wes have always been family in our eyes, but today is the day they actually will be.

Each individual family is now officially connected somehow, and it's seriously cool. Meg and I will share the same grand babies. It's SERIOUSLY cool!

Once I see my girl completely ready and in her dress, I cry. I cry hard. I wish I could take a picture of her, and give that picture to her old self. I wish I could show her what was in store for her. Maybe then she could have enjoyed high school more.

My radiant girl is exquisite. I don't know how Taylor and I have created such beauties, but we have. She is wearing a long, lacy dress. The dress has long-sleeves, entirely of lace, and an illusion neckline...That's my favorite thing about this dress. The back of the dress looks completely opened, and you can see how defined her back really is. How strong she is. Her beautifully sculpted back looks amazing. Her skin is stunning against the ivory lace of the dress. She has a dainty crown of flowers in her hair, that compliment her dress perfectly.

My dear sweet Emma Katherine is perfection. In every sense of the word, she is the perfect bride.

***********************************************************************************************

Taylor's POV

Ever since the kids were little, Sasha has been known by others as the "beauty" of the family.

Man that's just not the case. Emma is equally as beautiful. When I see her completely ready, my breath actually gets taken from me. How can such beauty be within one person? Both inside and out, my Emma Kate is stunning. I go up to her with tears streaming down.

"You are stunning, Darlin'. Do you know how beautiful you look right now?"

She smiles at me, and her face is shining. "Thanks dad"

"You sure you want an outside wedding? It's cold out there," I tease.

"I'm sure," she chuckles.

Emma has told Jake repeatedly that she doesn't want a long wedding. She wants it short, sweet, and to the point, so she doesn't have to stand up in front of everyone for long.

I think that's why it's outside...So Jake will be cold and won't talk for an hour.

Before I came to see her, I had my moment with Trace. I basically told him everything he already knew. How he has always been a son to me. How I had no doubt that he would always protect her. That I'm completely at ease with him being the new man in my daughter's life. His eyes filled with tears as hugged me. "Thank you for raising the most important person in my life, Papa Preston."

I smile and kiss his cheek. Then I look at my best friend.

"You've raised an amazing son, my friend, and you should be proud. He is completely worthy of my daughter."

Wes smiles and hugs me. "Ditto, my friend. Emma is everything and more that I wanted for my son."

I walk my girl down the aisle, trying to savor the moment. I'm giving another daughter away...My last daughter. Snow is falling gently outside, making this whole place sparkle.

Guests are wrapped up in blankets, smiling big at my beautiful girl.

Trace can't take his eyes off of her. The moment we walked out, the rest of us could have been in our underwear and he wouldn't have noticed.