~134~ Should'a Brought The Spoon

Eeekk! I'm excited about this storyline! I listened to your wishes—It was unanimous: WE WANT MORE JAKE!

Don't worry! No one is going anywhere, I'm just adding to the crazy. The format will stay the same—we will still get a peek into each house regularly, I just have more avenues now for Jake.

You all asked for more insanity, so hold on. This is gonna become insane!

I should also warn you that you won't find out what it is in this chapter, but you will in the coming ones😘

Ellie's POV

"What am I gonna do without you for an entire week?" Taylor asks as he brings me in close, spoon-style against his body.

I stretch out my legs, trying to keep warm under the snuggly covers. It's frigid this January, and going to California suddenly doesn't sound so awful to me.

"You're gonna make a mess and not clean it up, and enjoy your time as a free man."

He kisses my neck, and I can tell he's really sad. "Put shackles on me, baby. I have no interest in being a free man."

"That was smooth," I grin, pulling his arms around me tighter.

"How much time do you have left before you need to get out of bed?"

"Ten minutes."

"I can do a lot in ten minutes, Ellie Jane."

"All I'm hearing is talking, wasting our time."

He silently turns me on my back and starts in, wasting no more time.

He was right. He can do A LOT in ten minutes.

~*~

Jake and I get a ride from Sarah to the airport.... Well, Jake is technically driving, but Sarah is driving the car back home.

I sit in the back, while Jake and Sarah hold hands.

"I really don't want you to go," Sarah says softly.

He glances at her and kisses her hand. "I don't have to."

"No, I'm just gonna miss you," she says.

He nods and I see him squeeze her hand. "I know I grumbled about taking that house, but I'm glad we have it. I would never leave you guys alone if I didn't know you were safe. If you guys need anything, there's 50,000 people to pick from."

She nods. "I know. We'll be fine. Don't kill him and wind up in jail. Being a single mom won't look good on me."

"Everything looks good on you," he grins.

"Sister in the car, who is desperately hoping you'll quit talking," I say, acting grossed out.

"Cover your ears then," he says as he holds her hand tighter. "Make sure no one else warms up my side of the bed."

"Well, Zoe might. She's really sad you're leaving."

He's quiet for a moment. "I can't believe this is my life. I always assumed I would end up alone."

"Well you're not—So hurry up and get to the airport, so you can hurry up and come back to us."

"Yes ma'am," he grins as he kisses her hand once more.

"Can I open my ears yet?"

He looks at me in the rearview mirror and grins. "Yeah, but once we say goodbye, you may wanna advert your eyes. There's gonna be a whole lotta smoochin'."

"Gross"

"Ok miss, 'I talk about inappropriate things all the time, no matter who's around to hear'."