~73~ Best 23 Years

Ellie's POV

"You be good for your uncle, hear me?" I ask Nolan sternly.

"Yes ma'am," Nolan grins as he hugs me tight.

Then I turn and give my brother a hug. "Don't let him stay up too late, hear me?" I ask Jake sternly.

Jake gives me the same dopey grin that Nolan just did. I swear I'm raising Jake. It's creepy.

"Yes ma'am."

I roll my eyes. My brother is so full of crap.

"Don't drown in the ocean, Eleanor," he smiles, kissing my cheek.

Taylor hugs Nolan goodbye and kisses him.

"Be good"

"I will"

Once we finally leave and are on our way to the airport, Taylor kisses my hand.

"This has been the best 24 years of my life, Ellie Jane."

"23 years"

"Huh?"

"We've been married for 23 years."

"Are you sure?"

"I thought you were the smarty-pants math guy in the family. Your daughter is 23. We weren't married when we had her. Remember?" I smirk.

"Sasha is only 23? I could have SWORN she was 24."

"You're seriously going to argue with me on how old my daughter is? How old were you when she was born?"

"34"

"Ok, do the math."

He's quiet for just a moment.

"Dang. You're right."

"You sound surprised."

He chuckles as he kisses my hand again. "Ok, this has been the best 23 years of my life. Ready to have a hot'n heavy week in Cancun?"

"I was born ready, baby!"

***********************************************************************************************

Zoe's POV

"Ok, mom and dad are gone so it's time to get wild!!!" Dad says as he puts Nolan in a headlock and tackles him to the ground.

"You and mom are still here, so does that mean we can't be wild?" I ask.

Dad looks at me and grins, as Nolan tries to get out of dad's grip.

"Nah, you can be. I'm not as responsible as the Preston's are."

Dad finally lets Nolan up, and he fixes his crazy hair. "Do I seriously have to go to bed at normal time?"

"What's normal time?"

"Since it's the summer, it's 11," Nolan says.

Dad raises one eyebrow, and looks at Nolan. "You're trying to feed me a crock of shit, aren't ya?"

"Dad!"

"Sorry, Zo. Nolan, are you a liar liar pants on fire?"

Nolan chuckles. "My buns are burning! It's actually 10."

Dad rolls his eyes. "Your mom and her early sleep habits. You guys can stay up till 11, but that's it. I think my ass is still bruised from the spoon she whacked me with."

"Dad!"

Dad sighs dramatically. "Whoever said we had freedom of speech, has apparently never met Zoe Michelle Freeman."