~46~ Funeral

Ellie's POV

We get to Justin's after the visitation and we are completely exhausted. Nolan is staying with Emma and Trace tonight in their room, because they have an extra bed, and Taylor is staying here. We offered for Nolan to stay here, but he didn't want to.

Taylor is sitting on the couch with me, rubbing my back. Justin and Jake are watching a game, not actually watching it at all.

"Dad would be pissed if he knew we put him in that suit," Justin finally says.

"Why?" I ask.

"I don't know. He was always pissed about something."

I just look at him. I don't really know what to say to that.

"You ready for bed, Ellie Jane? Tomorrow is going to be a long day."

"Yeah"

"How long you guys staying?" Justin asks as we get up.

"Figured we'd leave day after tomorrow. I have to get back to work," I say.

He just nods and looks back at the game. Jake and Justin haven't really talked to each other at all. Jake wants to tell him off, but I convinced him not to. Instead, he's just pretending like he doesn't exist.

Taylor and I go to our room and after we get ready, we climb in bed. He says nothing as he brings me into him and silently starts rubbing my back, helping me fall asleep.

"I'm so sad," I whisper.

He kisses my forehead and holds me tighter. "I know"

The next morning I wake up and get ready. Wes drops off my dress for me. He hugs me tight and whispers in my ear. "So sorry you have to go through this, friend."

I just smile at him. What do I say? Thanks?

I ride with my brothers and Taylor to the funeral. We're here before anyone else, and go over last minute details for the service.

About half an hour before the funeral starts, I'm sitting with my family, talking to them. When I look up, the blood drains from my face. I silently grab both Justin and Jake's suit coats.

They look at me, and then follow my gaze.

"Shit" they both say at the same time.

Our dang mother is here.

"Alex" I whisper, hissing. He immediately hears me and follows my gaze. His face flashes horror as he stands up, taps on Taylor's shoulder, and walks up to us quickly.

"What do we do?" I ask, fighting tears.

"Nothing," Jake says in a dark, menacing voice.

A moment later, mom walks up.

"Hi" she says, looking at all three of our faces.

"Leave, Eliza," Alex says, his voice shaking with hatred.

"Tell me you did not call her," I say, looking at Justin.

"I promise I didn't," he says in such a genuine tone, I believe him.

"Why are you here?" Jake asks.

"I heard that Billy died....I just....I just needed to see him," she says, fighting tears.

"And you thought seeing him for the first time in over 40 years at his funeral was appropriate?" Justin spits.

"Please. I lost my entire family. Please let me say goodbye to the love of my life."