~155~ Mind Your Own Body

Ellie's POV

"Aunt Ellie, I'm running late for work. Any idea where my jeans are?" Colton asks as he grabs a banana and starts to eat it.

"Um, hello? Just because we live here, doesn't mean I'm making Ellie do all of your laundry. Why didn't you ask me?" Lilah asks.

"Sorry. Do you know where my jeans are?"

"I have no idea."

I hide a smirk as I nod at Colton.

"I washed a pair of yours, and they're folded on the dryer. I don't know if that's the pair you're looking for or not."

"Sweet," he says as he goes into the laundry room and immediately rips his sweats off.

"Colton Levi! We're not at home—You can't do that here," Lilah says, completely embarrassed.

"I'm still in underwear," he argues as he slips his jeans on.

"Woah! Did you get another tattoo?" Taylor asks as he walks in and sees Colton without his shirt on.

"Yeah. Isn't it sweet?" He asks as he goes over to Taylor and shows him the tattoo on his right pec. It's a weird design that I can't make out.

"Yeah, it is. Might wanna pace yourself, or you're gonna run out of room. How many is that now?"

"15"

"Dang, kid!" Taylor chuckles as he goes to the fridge and takes a soda out.

"Isn't it ridiculous?" Lilah snaps.

Taylor shrugs. "Not if he likes them."

"Don't encourage this, Taylor. This is on his body for the rest of his life!"

Taylor nods as he opens the soda and takes a drink.

"Good thing it's on his body and not yours, then. Mind your own body."

Lilah's eyes are starting to blaze. "He's my son! I'm allowed to have an opinion."

"An opinion, yes...But you don't need to share it all the damn time. Like, for instance, that new hair color you decided to do the last five years looks silly. You've been an auburn your entire life, and decided to switch to brown....doesn't fit you at all. I went an ENTIRE five years without saying a damn thing, because my opinion means nothing."

"Then why did you break your perfect streak?" She asks, looking like she wants to punch him.

"To prove a point—Leave him alone!"

"UGH!" She screams as she starts walking out of the kitchen.

"I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HOUSE BACK!"

Taylor sighs once she's gone. "Took it too far, huh?" He asks me.

"Yup"

"So I need to go apologize?"

"That would be nice, yeah."

"Damn it," he grumbles as he follows after her.

Colton shakes his head as he slips his shirt on. "Do you think I look dumb?"

I go over to him and hug him tight. "No"

"You're my favorite aunt," he grins as he kisses my cheek, grabs his keys, and leaves for work.

~*~

That evening, I'm nervous. Trace and Emma are coming over, because we're having a meeting with the twins.

I'm hoping there won't be a feud over who gets the house.

By the time Trace and Emma finally get here, I feel like throwing up. Taylor kisses my cheek and whispers in my ear. "If it gets too nasty, neither will get it. I don't think it will, though."