~75~ It All Worked Out

Hey guys!!

I just wanted to give you a courtesy heads up. This will be my last chapter for about 7-10 days. I'm heading on vacation in a couple days, and I'm going to unplug my phone and recharge my mind!

I will also be updating my other story, probably tomorrow, so if you're reading that and see an update, still don't expect one for this book.

When I come back, I have a moderate to intense storyline planned. I've had it planned for a while, and I'm anxious to start it! Since I'm completely amazing, I won't start it now and leave you on a crazy cliffhanger for more than a day 😇 this chapter today is a flashback, so we will end it on something that isn't related to a storyline!

Have a great week, and we will catch back up with the Preston's in a bit!

Xoxo,

Lucy

*******

Ellie's POV

I'm sitting here, watching all of my kids and their significant others eating dinner at our house tonight. Nights like these are what I cherish the most...When we're all together, laughing and being crazy—enjoying each other's company.

"Ellie, I don't know how you still worked with Sasha and the twins. I feel like I'm barely treading water most days," Nora says as she feeds some mashed potatoes to Lizzie, while handing Charlie her sippy cup.

Taylor smiles. "Don't kid yourself, young lady. You're doing a fine job. Having Ellie working when the kids were young was hell."

"I wouldn't say that," I say, getting defensive. I loved that time of my life.

"Uh oh. You need to stop before you get her mad, Taylor," Liam says. His voice is kidding but his words are serious.

"Why would it make you mad?" Mason asks as he puts his hand on Drew, trying to get him to settle down.

Before I can speak, Taylor gives me a sad look. "Because I overreacted, and forced her into quitting."

I sit there quietly, remembering the moments that led up to me finally quitting my job as a paramedic, and one of the biggest fights Taylor and I have ever had.

***********************************************************************************************

"Ellie, we're running late again. Just put a damn shirt on Luke and let's go."

"Stop. I already had him dressed and he spilled cereal all over. Just go on ahead, and I'll take the kids to Julia's today."

He rolls his eyes as he grabs the bag and picks up Emma.

"Let's get you two beautiful girls in the car," he says as he grabs Sasha's hand.

I hurry up and change Luke and kiss his cheek. "You gonna be a good boy while I'm gone?"

He nods and grins, his smile going into his eye. "I'm always good, mommy."

"Uh huh. I seem to remember daddy having to spank you the last time we got home from work."

"You remembered that huh?"

I chuckle as I scoop him up and kiss him. "Yup"

"Well, my bottom is trying to tell my brain to always be good, cause it was mad at me that day."

I laugh loudly as we walk to the car. I buckle him in, and then get in the front. By the time we get to Julia's, Keegan already left for work.

"We're running so late," Taylor grumbles as we kiss the kids goodbye and rush to the station.