~197~ In Charge

Gabby's POV

"Nolan, I was watching that," I snap as I take the remote from him and change the channel.

He sighs as he leans back on the couch. "This is gonna be the longest summer ever....."

Dad comes up behind me and takes the remote away, and flips it off. "Neither of you get the TV if you can't get along."

"When can we go home?" I ask, about to throw a major fit.

"I thought next week, but the inspector that went through found a huge issue in the foundation. It's gonna be all summer, probably."

"Are you kidding me?!?" I ask as I stand up.

"I'm tired of being here. It was only supposed to be two months, and we've been here for 4. I don't want to stay here anymore!!!!!"

Dad squints his eyes and takes a big breath. "The world doesn't revolve around you, young lady. None of us love this situation. You think Ellie and Taylor want to constantly share their house with us? You think me or mom enjoy not having ANY privacy? I'm just as frustrated as you are, so quit being so ungrateful!"

"Ungrateful?!?!?! How the hell am I being ungrateful? I just wanna go home!"

"What did you just say?" He asks as he slams the remote on the couch and comes around to stand in front of me. He crosses his arms and glares.

"I said hell. I'm sick as HELL of being here. I'm sick as HELL of Nolan. I'm sick as HELL of my stupid pink room, and the stupid rule of doing homework at the table!"

Dad nods. "Head on up to your room, young lady."

"For what?"

"You're getting spanked."

"Like HELL I am!" I yell as I run as fast as I can outside and towards the park.

I'm so sick of everything, and I'm not about to get spanked for it.

~*~

I get to the park and sit under the pavilion. I'm half expecting dad to come and pull me home, but he doesn't. I just sit there, bored, for two hours. When I finally decide to go back to Ellie's, I'm nervous.

He must be really mad if he didn't drag me home.

When I walk in, Nolan and Ellie are talking in the living room, and Taylor is working on a file at the table.

He looks up at me and sighs. "Your dad will be back later."

"Where is he?"

"He needed to cool off, so he went out for a bit. How was the park?"

"How did you know where I was?"

"Your dad told me."

"How did he know?"

"Ask him yourself."

I roll my eyes as I get in the fridge and get a soda, sitting down at the table next to Taylor.

"Why did he leave?" I finally ask.