~61~ You Still Gonna Love Me?

Sasha's POV

I'm at home with the family, working on grading some things for Cooper. School is almost done for the year, and I'm almost graduated! Hallelujah!

The biggest news for me right now is that I interviewed at the high school for a teaching position, and I got it! I will be replacing one of the English teachers that's retiring at the end of this year.

I'm so beyond excited. I really didn't know if I would get the job. Lance was the one doing the interview, and it was crazy awkward. He was my principal, and I wasn't always the best kid. It's weird that now I'm trying to get a job from the man.

Maybe it's because he knows the family, or the fact that his wife just had a baby boy, Oliver Thomas, but either way he was in a good mood. I GOT THE JOB!!

So, this is my last week student teaching at the school, because I'm FINALLY graduating next week. I'm going to miss working with Cooper, but I won't have to miss him for long. Next year I will be his colleague. I'm so proud of myself!!

We're all sitting on the couch at home, watching TV. Mason grabs a stack of papers and hands them to Dylan.

"What's this?" He asks, sifting through the stack.

"College applications. Time is up. You have to get them in now if you want to go to college in the fall."

Dylan looks at Mason, and then back down at the stack of papers. I can tell immediately that something's up.

"What?" Mason asks, noticing his face too.

"Nothing," Dylan says, barely above a whisper.

"You're not wanting to go to college, are you?" Mason asks, starting to get mad.

Dylan looks up at him, and silently shakes his head.

"WHAT THE HELL, DYLAN!!" Mason yells. He yells so loudly, Drew buries his head into my chest.

"You don't need to yell, DAD!" Dylan snaps. It's obvious that Mason is acting like their least favorite person right now.

"Sorry," Mason says, taking a deep breath and trying to calm down. "Start from the beginning."

"There's nothing to discuss. I hate school and I don't want to go. The end."

"It's NOT 'The End,' Dylan Matthew. You're not just living here for the rest of your life, getting a free hand-out."

Dylan scoffs. "Oh yeah? Like how Sasha's parents gave you this house? That sounds like a hand-out to me."

"Excuse me?"

"Quit acting like you're better than me. Your wife's daddy bought you a fancy-ass house, and you like to pretend like you're rich. You're not. You're a stupid teacher, who made so little, you had to live with her parents for over a year."

Mason stands up and points his finger in his face. "You ungrateful little piece of shi......." he stops and takes a deep breath.

Dylan stands up, furious. "Go ahead, Mason. Say it! Call me what you want. You took us away from mom and dad because they weren't 'good to us,' so go ahead, Mr. Amazing....Tell me what you have to say."

Mason steps back just a bit, to try and calm himself down. "I'm sorry. I'm just pissed. You have NO idea the hell I went through trying to keep you guys in your school and activities. To keep a roof over your head. Give you food on the table. You have NO IDEA!"

"OF COURSE I DO! YOU NEVER LET US FORGET IT!" He screams.

"QUIT MAKING JABS ABOUT MY JOB! I WORKED MY ASS OFF TO GET MY DEGREE. I'M A DAMN GOOD TEACHER.........YOU'RE NOT EVEN GOING TO COLLEGE!"