~127~ Christmas Miracle

Ellie's POV

The morning after the sleepover, Taylor dropped off the boys, and I got my house back in order. I spend the next few days working hard, getting everything ready for Christmas.

~*~

Christmas morning is here, and I do my normal 'waking everyone up in the house' bit. Although I go up to the apartment, I don't jump on Shay and Luke's bed.

She has Chemo off until her scan next week, well technically next year, and we're praying for a late Christmas miracle. We're believing we will be cancer free, and ready to plan our cruise.

She isn't sick, because they purposefully gave her time before Christmas to get her last round of Chemo done, so she'll be able to enjoy today. However, she's so frail and weak, that I'm not about to jump on the bed. Doesn't stop me from shaking the daylights outta my sleepyhead son, though.

"Lucas Reed, wake up!" I holler as I shake him like a rag doll.

"Mom!" He grumbles as he hits me with a pillow.

"Don't get fresh, get up!"

He opens his eyes and glares at me. "How do I finally escape this madness? Every other married child can sleep until they wanna wake up."

"Move out," I shrug as I kiss him.

I'm totally bummed about that. We're doing our Christmas Party at 4pm this year, because all the kids want to do Christmas morning with their families...The rest of my children are coming over at noon, so we can exchange presents then.

"But mom, we're not even opening presents till noon...Why do we have to get up?!?"

"Christmas is about more than presents, young man. Get. Up."

He sighs as he reaches over and kisses Shay, who's watching this whole thing silently with a smile on her face. She's been in this family long enough, that she's been apart of several Christmases—She knows the drill.

"Say the word, and I'll be a man and protect my wife's wishes."

"You're the one that has the issue, not me," she smiles.

"Ugh," he grumbles as he sits up and rubs his face. "You annoy me."

I grin as I jump up and down.

I laugh out loud when he looks at his phone and sees that it's only 6am.

"Mother...I....UGH!" He screeches, really NOT in a very merry mood.

"Hot Chocolate is waiting!" I say as I clap my hands and prance out of the room.

I hear him grumble, and then I hear Shay say "please?"

He immediately changes his tone, and I hear them get off the bed.

She's so good for him.

We drink hot chocolate by the fire in our Christmas jammies, enjoying the morning. Then we all go and eat the homemade biscuits and gravy I made...Well, I made them last night cause let's be real...This is Christmas.

"Momma, I don't think hot chocolate mixes with biscuits and gravy very well," Luke says as he rubs his stomach.

"Didn't know you were so dainty, Luke."

As everyone else chuckles, he glares. "I will never understand how you're so tiny. You eat like a kid."

"Magic," I shrug as I shovel in another forkful.