(6) Shock, relief, sadness, and investigation

AN: Hope you enjoy it!

Just to remind you:

"Hi!"= Talking in English

"Hi!"= Talking in Japanese

"Hi!"= Words on signs in English

"Hi!"= Words on signs in Japanese

Hi! = Narrator

Hi! = Flashback

'Hi!' = Thoughts

"Hi!" = Talking in flashback

"Hi!" = Talking on the phone

Hi! = Words on paper (unless it's at the beginning or end of the chapter /it had POV written beside it)

(Hi!) = Author-chan talking

Disclaimer: DCMK doesn't belong to me it belongs to the great Aoyama Gosho. I only own the story and the OC~

Narrator pov. Continuing~

After that, Kyosuke gathered the Mouri parents, Megure, and Shiratori in the 4th conference room as he told them the diagnosis and Kogoro said, "Retrograde amnesia..."

Kyosuke replied, "Hai. It's a type of memory disorder that occurs after either a traumatic shock, or a sudden head injury, and causes memories before the injury to be lost. However... In Conan-kun's case, getting a strong hit on the head... He may have received a great impact."

Mouri and Suzuki stayed with Edogawa in his room so they didn't know this, Suzuki was there to comfort Mouri.

Kogoro asked, "Will Conan regain his memory?" Kyosuke answered, "It's hard to tell at the moment. However, he still has the everyday ability to live normally and function in society."

Eri asked, "So he's able to lead a normal life, then?" Kyosuke answered, "Yes. But for the time being, I believe he should remain here for observation for a few days."

With that, he got out of the room as Takagi and Chiba walked in, Takagi first reported about Sato's condition after the operation, his report making Shiratori and Megure shocked, the former looking down as the latter said, "Sokka..." also looking down.

Kogoro stood up and demanded again that Megure tell him everything, including Shiratori in his demand who only assured that they would catch the culprit which only made him angrier before Chiba spoke up, "We also analyzed the fingerprints on the flashlight that was on the bathroom floor but..."

His hesitation made everyone look back at him and he continued, "We only found Conan-kun's fingerprints on it." Kogoro and Eri let out an "Eh?" in shock as Chiba added, "We first thought Sato-san took the flashlight with her for sure, but Conan-kun was the one who touched it."

Shiratori seemed to realize it, "The cabinet under the makeup fix station was opened... If Conan-kun took the flashlight then... It must've already been there, turned on." he got serious, "If the lights were on, nobody would notice it before the blackout."

Eri said, "So Conan-kun found the flashlight and unintentionally helped the criminal shoot Sate-keiji..." Megure added, "And then he slipped on the water and hit his head... causing his memory loss?"

In the hospital room, Edogawa was asleep on his bed as Suzuki comforted Mouri who was sitting by his bed, crying, and she quietly sobbed out, "E-Even if you never regain your memory Conan-kun... We'll still be here for you..." Suzuki quietly said, "Ran..." as she placed her hand on Mouri's shoulder and helped her calm down.

Back in the conference room, Megure finally decided to explain everything to Kogoro, he ordered Takagi to watch over Sato while Chiba watched over Edogawa which the two complied before the rest in the room took a seat and Megure started explaining.

Kogoro recognized Tamaki and remembered from where on his accord, and when they walked out of the room, Eri figured out how Jinno was murdered after asking how his arteries were cut.

AN: Done! Hope you guys liked it!

Yep, Conan still ended up getting Retrograde Amnesia like Ran would've got, just that his amnesia is caused by a hit on the head, and therefore is harder to get any memories triggered thanks to it.

It's good that they still figured out the same things without Conan there too, shows that they can be good by themselves every once in a while.

So what did you guys think? Did you like it? Think you can't sleep without the next part? (Yes, I'm evil and I'm proud >:3) Hope to see your feedback soon!

That's all. See you next chapter!

Stay sweet my fellow anime lovers!~

Dcfan2034~