Hospitalized Detective

AN: This is after the last chapter. Hope you enjoy it!

Just to remind you:

"Hi!"= Talking in English

"Hi!"= Talking in Japanese

"Hi!"= Words on signs in English

"Hi!"= Words on signs in Japanese

Hi! = Narrator

Hi! = Flashback

'Hi!' = Thoughts

"Hi!" = Talking in flashback

"Hi!" = Talking on the phone

Hi! = Words on paper (unless it's at the beginning or end of the chapter /it had POV written beside it)

(Hi!) = Author-chan talking

Disclaimer: DCMK doesn't belong to me it belongs to the great Aoyama Gosho. I only own the story and the OC~

Narrator pov. Continuing at the hospital after the whole thing with Ran offering her blood~

The kids begged Agasa not to go home until they were sure Edogawa was fine so they sat down by the emergency room door, with Kogoro and later Mouri joining.

Irene noticed Mouri had a bandaid on her arm and that she was looking at it at first before looking down.

Irene looked at the emergency room door, knowing that Mouri was now definitely confident of her suspicion about Edogawa, but not caring about that right now.

When they finally saw the light turn off, the doctor came out to tell them that the surgery was a success and Edogawa was going to be fine, which made them all relieved as they saw Edogawa being wheeled to his hospital room on a bed, Mouri immediately stood up and followed.

At that moment, Agasa said, "Alright then, since Conan-kun will be fine. We should get you guys home, your parents might get worried."

The kids agreed reluctantly and so the 5 detective boys left with Agasa in his car as he dropped them all except Ai off.

He dropped Irene off at the train station and she thanked him before returning to Kuroba's.   

"Tadaima." she said when she arrived and opened the door.

Kuroba from the living room greeted, "Okaeri. So anything changed?"

Irene put on her sneakers and walked over before she sat down and said, "Not really. The robbers were just arrested earlier than they should've been by a bit, but Kudo-kun still ended up in the hospital. I'm visiting him tomorrow."

Kuroba raised an eyebrow, "You mean you're visiting him until he's better."

Irene nodded, "Yeah, starting tomorrow, after he wakes up."

And so the next day, Irene rode the train to Beika and swung by the library to borrow some books, explaining that they were for a sick friend, put them in a gift bag and then went to visit Edogawa by the hospital.

She knocked on his room door with her free hand and when she heard, "Come in." she opened the door and walked in.

She saw that Edogawa seemed to be alone, and he was surprised to see her as she greeted him, "Hey." and looked around before she asked, "Did Mouri-san and her father go home already?"

He nodded and answered, "Hey, yeah. Occhan had to pull Ran out at first though." he then pointed at the gift bag, "What's that?"

She approached his bed and handed him the bag as she simply answered, "I figured you would get bored staying here for one to two weeks so I got you something to pass the time."

He opened the bag and his eyes widened in delight, "Mystery books!" he grinned, "Thanks a lot, Karashima."

Irene just nodded, giving a slight smile.

 And then he remembered something so he said, "Oh yeah, I wanted to ask you something."

Irene blinked in confusion and tilted her head, "What is it?"

He asked, "What exactly happened during the time I had amnesia?"

Irene blinked, "Why do you think there's something important that happened that you don't know about?"

He answered, "Well, it's about how there was a suitcase of my things left in front of the agency with a note on it that thanked me for staying with someone?"

Irene sighed as she realized what he wanted to ask, "Oh that. Well, I knew what would happen if you stayed at the agency since Kazato-san would've had chances to target and put you in danger so... I let you stay with me in Ekoda at that time until Tropical Land, to keep you safe, which worked."

Edogawa blinked, "Oh." he seemed to realize completely what that meant so he said, "Wait so did I meet your cousin?"

Irene nodded, "Yeah, he was his prankster self even around you, you're lucky you get to forget him."

He nodded with a sweatdrop, "Ah." he then took out one of the books to read.

Irene looked at the bag and added, "I borrowed those from the library by the way, you can have them for a week."

He nodded, "Alright then."

Irene nodded back before he handed her another book from the bag and she took it, realizing what he wanted as she opened her own book and they both started to read.

She couldn't help but get deja vu from his time while amnesiac when she was sick.

Though this time the roles were reversed.

The detective was the one in the bed.

They both read in silence for a while, though Irene made sure to keep an eye on the hospitalized detective just in case.

AN: Done! Hope you guys liked it!

Well, Irene starts to visit Conan while in the hospital, and even got him books on the first visit.  Now isn't that adorable?

And he finally knows that he stayed with Irene during his amnesia.

And look at that, another book date. Or is it another reading session? Either way, this is cute. UwU

So what did you guys think? Did you like it? Which part was your favorite? Hope to see your feedback soon!

That's all. See you next chapter!

Stay sweet my fellow anime lovers!~

Dcfan2034~