The dreaded camping trip

AN: Now that the AmneConan arc is done, it's back to this one! That's the outfit she's wearing for the trip, remember her new hairstyle and that she's wearing her purple sneakers with the gloves in her pockets. Hope you enjoy it!

Just to remind you:

"Hi!"= Talking in English

"Hi!"= Talking in Japanese

"Hi!"= Words on signs in English

"Hi!"= Words on signs in Japanese

Hi! = Narrator

Hi! = Flashback

'Hi!' = Thoughts

"Hi!" = Talking in flashback

"Hi!" = Talking on the phone

Hi! = Words on paper (unless it's at the beginning or end of the chapter /it had POV written beside it)

(Hi!) = Author-chan talking

Disclaimer: DCMK doesn't belong to me it belongs to the great Aoyama Gosho. I only own the story and the OC~

Narrator pov. On the morning of the camping trip~

The detective boys were riding Agasa's beetle to their camping spot. Irene was sitting beside Mitsuhiko by the window as Genta was in the passenger seat. The 3 real kids were singing the song (Nazu ga Tokete Yuku) as Edogawa got closer to Agasa by holding onto the driver seat to talk to him.

Irene knew what they were talking about and so she just looked out the window.

She felt Edogawa staring at her after he stared at Haibara a bit later and so she glanced at him with a raised eyebrow.

He shook his head and looked away.

They arrived at the camping spot then Agasa, with the help of Haibara and Irene, set up the tent before he announced, "Ok, the tent is finished!" Genta commented about how it was good that Agasa didn't forget the tent this time which made the inventor laugh sarcastically.

Agasa said, "Ai-kun and I will make a cooking fire-" Irene raised her hand to interrupt and said, "I'll stay too. Hakase isn't that good at cooking and Haibara-san can't finish it all on her own."

Agasa sweatdropped as the kids and Edogawa laughed but he still nodded as he said, "Alright, Irene-kun and Ai-kun will help make a cooking fire, why don't you guys go get some firewood?"

The real kids happily answered, "Yeah!" and Edogawa looked annoyed but didn't protest as the mentioned group left to get the firewood.

Irene took the ingredients out and kept her badge pinned onto her shirt instead of on the bag, knowing that Edogawa would need to call them on it later.

The three were now going to cook as they started the cooking fire and Haibara said, "Thank you for getting his memories back." without looking at Irene who just nodded and said, "No, it's thanks to you encouraging me that he got them back, thank you."

The scientist just nodded as they set up the table after the fire was lit and started to chop the ingredients for their meal.

A while later, Irene's badge crackled before Edogawa's voice was heard, "Oi Haibara, Midorikawa, can you hear me? Haibara! Midorikawa-"

Irene looked down and answered the call, "Irene here. What is it?" she asked despite knowing the answer as Haibara who was beside her looked down at the badge as well.