(27) Now or never

AN: Hope you guys enjoy it!

Just to remind you:

"Hi!"= Talking in English

"Hi!"= Talking in Japanese

"Hi!"= Words on signs in English

"Hi!"= Words on signs in Japanese

Hi! = Narrator

Hi! = Flashback

'Hi!' = Thoughts

"Hi!" = Talking in flashback

"Hi!" = Talking on the phone

Hi! = Words on paper (unless it's at the beginning or end of the chapter /it had POV written beside it)

(Hi!) = Author-chan talking

Disclaimer: DCMK doesn't belong to me it belongs to the great Aoyama Gosho. I only own the story and the OC~

Narrator pov. Continuing~

When the crowd lessened, Irene had to pull Edogawa with her so they would be in the darkness for some temporary protection.

They didn't dare to stop and look back yet as they kept running hand-in-hand, hearing a gunshot shooting near a woman who screamed.

Their eyes narrowed in slight anger at how the culprit didn't care who got hurt as long as he got Edogawa but they didn't say anything aloud and kept running.

Since Irene didn't know how to drive a boat and she didn't think it was a good idea to trust Edogawa with it while he was amnesiac, she used her memory of the layout and led Edogawa to the mountain, giving her watch a glance.

25 minutes until 9. There was enough time to get there.

They arrived at the mountain stairs and ran up them before a bullet made Irene trip.

She caught herself and told Edogawa to, "Go take cover! I'll be right there." looking at him to make sure he didn't try to say no.

He relented and ran up to take cover behind the rocks ahead.

Irene took the chance and looked back to see Kyosuke's face finally.

She stared at him and took the time he needed to realize it to run up the mountain and immediately pull Edogawa with her as they jumped down the hole.

They heard his footsteps above them a second later as they slid down to the other side and after they immediately ran through the other exit and got outside, Edogawa asked, "Where are we?"

Irene answered, "The main portion of Volcano Island. We ran over here." and he replied, "Ah, I see." as they both kept running.

When they were near a rock and almost to the fake lava river, some bullets were fired at them which made them hide behind the rock for cover as they used the chance to rest a bit.

Kyosuke walked closer and said, "Now this isn't good, Irene-chan. I could've let you go but now you saw my face."

Edogawa thought, 'He must've come by boat...' as he looked at Irene who said, "You make it sound like Edogawa's witness statement alone wouldn't have been enough to get you arrested."

Kyosuke replied, "Of course. Conan-kun is just one little boy after all." Irene pulled Edogawa closer, a bit tightly but not enough to hurt, "But I thought I should still take care of any danger. And now you're also part of that danger."

Irene looked back a bit to see if the water ride was coming yet as Kyosuke added, "Since you saw my face now, I would have to kill you as well."

Edogawa tensed but Irene noticed the boat coming from the corner of her eye and when she heard Kyosuke replace the empty cartridge with a new one, she pulled Edogawa as they both jumped onto the ride just before a bullet was fired.

They looked at each other and took deep breaths before jumping in the water and hiding under the water ride where no bullets would hit them.

When they were inside a cave, they let their heads surface out of the water and took in some air while holding on to the water ride.

Edogawa took the chance to ask, "Why?" Irene looked at him with a tilted head, "Why would you go so far for me? Not just to help me get my memory back but even protect me this much..."

Irene blinked before saying, "Well, that's what friends do." which made him look at her in surprise and she added, "And you can consider it a thanks for all the times you cared."

He blushed but she had looked away at that point to glance at her watch.

50 seconds left...

After that, they arrived at Science and Space Island and were holding hands again as Irene led Edogawa to a certain platform down the stairs.

She looked at the watch only to see Kyosuke's reflection behind them, which Edogawa also saw, and so they ran to the side as they reached the bottom just before Kyosuke fired a bullet that didn't hit either of them.

They hid behind a wall and Edogawa finally took a look at the place they were in, his head hurt and he couldn't help but hold it, though he made sure to stay quiet.

Irene noticed but still pulled him along as they ran to the middle while Kyosuke said, "You 2 have nowhere to run."

Kyosuke fired a bullet at them and Irene pulled Edogawa to the side in time for the bullet to miss both of them but the second one made her trip again as they reached the middle of the platform, thankfully it only grazed a bit since it hit the ground.

She stood back up as Edogawa gave her a worried look but she just looked back at the time and Kyosuke said, "I told you, there's nowhere to run."

Edogawa looked around again as he felt a headache coming and Irene glanced at him while Kyosuke said, "Well, as they say, (Ladies first)." pointing the gun at her

Irene's only response was to start the countdown from 10.

It was now or never.

AN: Done! I hope you guys liked it! 

Well, Irene succeeded in making herself more of a threat by seeing Kyosuke's face.

And they finally made it to the fountain, time to see if this would work.

In the next chapter anyway. :3

So what did you guys think? Did you like it? Looking forward to the next part and then the ending? Hope to see your feedback soon!

That's all. See you next chapter!

Stay sweet my fellow anime lovers!~

Dcfan2034~