[48] Detective Business [RQ]

This one is about Liam and how he is a police officer/detective, going after Niall because of something that he has done. It'll be explained as the one shot goes on. He falls in love in the process, but he can't as Niall is off limits.

Dedicated to: SarahBroch

November 2018

The 25 year old detective scopes the perimeter of Niall Horan's house, a 24 year old man who is known to be very sketchy. He has been reported in for doing things such as doing hardcore drugs, selling them, and getting into gunfights.

By his profile, Liam doesn't think that's the case, as he seems very innocent and kind. But he was assigned to watch over him without the blonde knowing; he does his scoping during the night.

He was told to talk with him as well, but to not be too obvious that he is apart of the law enforcement, because that would lead to trouble. Getting in danger is what Liam wants to avoid, but if he needs to, he'll take action.

Working up the courage, the detective gets out of his dark car, walking up to the front door of Niall's house. It's late at night, but too late. He wouldn't be out here too late, because there are others just like Niall who wouldn't care for murder.

He slowly knocks on the door, taking notice of the wonderfully planted flowers in the front of the house, and the beautiful decor. It's cute. But people can think that, leading them on.

The door opens after a few seconds of waiting, Liam greeted to the beautiful man named Niall Horan. He's sporting a kind smile, oven mitts on his hands, while he is wearing a pink tank top and black shorts.

"Hello, sir. What brings you here?" He asks sweetly, Liam giving him a gentle smile. Niall is very cute and adorable; but that's too be determined. He could be psychotic and have an ugly personality. The brunette can't think wrong.

"I'm just here to check up on the houses, as I work for construction, and I just want to make sure that everything is up to code." Niall nods, still smiling softly. The blonde understands.

"You may come in and look around. I'm Niall Horan." Liam grins and steps in, letting out a sigh of relief while Niall looks at him up and down, without noticing.

"I'm Liam Payne. It's very nice to meet you, Niall." The brunette speaks genuinely, taking a stroll around the house after slipping off his shoes and coat, both put where Niall gestured them to be.

"You too, Liam," Niall replies, letting his smile fade off his face as it's starting to hurt. He follows Liam around after quickly taking his food out of the oven, prior to hearing it go off. The blonde takes notice of Liam's wonderful build and bod, licking his lips stealthily because his body is spectacular.

Being very good in shape means he loves to take care of himself, and he has a very difficult job. He is a construction worker, so that's why he must be so built, and very attractive. His facial features and everything else are just perfect to him. He doesn't stand a chance with this god-like man.

"Your house is small, but its cute. I like It," Liam says as he walks down the short hallway, stopping at the photos on the walls. Niall smiles bright and crosses his arms as he looks at them.

"Thank you--these are of my family and I, mixed together. I love them so so much, and not seeing them for so long would kill me. We always plan a day together, my parents, brother, and I, and it's always unique and amazing." Liam grins slightly and looks at Niall with admiration.

This man truly has a soft, beautiful heart and soul, that isn't in many people. His kind heart makes everything about him seem so sweet and perfect; so maybe he really isn't a criminal?

"I hate to die down the mood, but do you have any secrets, Niall? Like are you dealing with something?" The blonde looks at him dead in the eyes and shakes his head, sighing softly.

"I know that you're a detective, Liam," he states, catching Liam off guard. Niall stops him from speaking by placing a finger to his plump lips.

"You don't need to be scared though because that person that everyone is scared of, isn't me. It looks like me, yes, but that isn't. I don't have that birth mark on my wrist, or the mole on my neck." Niall shows him proof and Liam's eyes have grown wider. How could this be?

He tries wiping at where the mark and mole should be, to see if there's makeup, but no. There's no mole or birthmark on this innocent man.

"Do you know who the real culprit is? Like in a personal matter?" The brunette asks, sighing in relief that it isn't him.

Niall shrugs his shoulder though and shakes his head. "Sorry, I don't. But why don't you stay for a little longer and enjoy some dinner? I've made my favorite and I think you'd love it, if that's okay?" Liam grins again, looking down at the blonde with hearts in his eyes.

"It's definitely okay."

Time passed and so did dinner for Niall and Liam
They enjoyed a wonderful meal and got to know each other a lot more during their eat.

The time had flown by rather quickly though, as it is now nearly midnight; Liam should be home by now.

"Thank you so much for the wonderful meal and talk, Niall. You're quite interesting, and adorable." The blonde blushes and bites his lower lip, looking down in embarrassment.

"Its n-no problem, Liam. You aren't so bad yourself. You're in great shape, you have a nice bod. Everything about you intrigues me, even your personality." Liam blushes at his words, looking down as well.

"Well Thanks--I uhm, must get home now though. It was nice meeting you." Before Liam could walk away, Niall grabs his wrist and pulls him back, grinning from ear to ear.

"Why don't you stay? It's late and you know how dangerous it is to be out there at this time. I don't want you to be in danger for being such a kind man." The brunette blushes again, looking down at Niall's hand before nodding. He trusts Niall.

"Thank you, again, Niall. You're too kind." He grabs the blondes other hand and kisses the base of it, making the blonde giggle and blush deeply. They have fallen for each other and there's no mistaking that.

"Its no problem at all. You're a busy worker with your detective duties; working late, catching the bad folk around town. You need a calming place to stay and a good man to make you less stressed out. Hopefully I'm qualified." Liam chuckles and bites his lower lip, shrugging his shoulders as he looks into the blonde's crystal blue eyes.

"Perhaps you are, why don't you show me how you can get rid of my stess?" Niall chuckles and raises his hands in defense.

"I don't do sëx on the first date, Liam." The brunette smiles and raises his hands as well, smirking a bit.

"I know I know, don't worry. I'm not that kind of guy, I just meant cuddles and snuggling. Don't worry." Niall blushes and nods, pulling Liam into a warm hug as he lets out a soft sigh.

"That's okay with me. I just don't want to go too far with you, at least for tonight. I know I can trust you and vice versa, but I'm just weird." The older man smiles and kisses Niall's head.

"There's no need to feel this way, I understand you completely. Now let's go cuddle." Niall giggles a bit before nodding, looping his arms with Liam's as they head toward his room.

Liam is thankful for his detective job. Definitely.

Fin