[159] Blissful Evening

Prompt: Niam being Niam: hella cute and adorable.

Dedicated To: niamsvinyl

Niall entered the café near his home after a long day at work. He's been aching for a nice brew of fine coffee for a long time and expected nothing better than this type of beverage that'd keep him stable for the rest of the day. He entered with a short smile towards Julia, his best friend who worked there, before sitting down at the register right after.

“The usual,” she asked, smiling. She had already been prepping the drink before Niall came there. Nobody compared to Niall when it came to her friendships, and she appreciated him completely for all that he has done for her.

He nods. “Of course. How has business been?” He rests his forearms on the cold counter, eyes focused on her facial expressions and tattoos that rode up her right arm. He never thought about getting such a beautiful piece of art upon his skin, but Julia has so many that it inspired him a little.

She fixes up her small area a little. “Good, great.” She averts her eyes toward another guy. “That guy just came in here about five minutes ago and after talking to him for a little bit, he seems like your type.” She smirks. “I know you've been trying to get yourself out there, and he's like your dream man. That's all I'm going to say.”

Niall turns his attention towards this man, not expecting to view someone so gorgeous and authentic in a given second. “I will give it a try. He looks quite good looking.” He receives his usual from Julia right before going to this man, leisurely making his way towards him and plopping himself down in front of him in record time.

“Hello there.” His English accent poured out smoothly. A little smile followed along with it, and Niall adored it already.

“Hello. My name is Niall, and I couldn't help but notice you were sitting here alone. Got anybody to be waiting for?”

The man shakes his head. “Nobody at all. I'm Liam.” He sets his cup of coffee down. “Do you live around here?”

Niall plays with the handle of his cup. “Yeah, on Maple Street. Lovely neighborhood around here, never expected such a place. I thought I'd get nowhere in this type of area, but the people are so thoughtful and authentic.”

Liam chuckles. “Right. There are so many unique people that are nothing but kind and generous to a deep extent.” He trickles his fingers down onto a few chips, plopping a few into his mouth after dipping them in some ketchup.

Niall looks around in the café, eyes wandering about the few people who sat down at their desired seating. He never paid attention to people much but Liam strikes him different. The way he dressed in sweatpants, a simple black tee, and a necklace he wore glimmered perfectly in the sunlight that shined from a nearby window at their side.

“I think one of those people resembles you, coming from a person who studies psychology,” Liam spoke up after a quip of silence. He causes Niall to frown and smirk a little in response.

“Hmm, I'm known to get around quite well with people. I'm a people person, if you will.” A confident smile replaces the smirk upon Niall's face. “I respect everyone I come across and give them a bit of advice if they appear shaken up or stressed in any fashion. Giving people a chance for a better day is one of the things I do best.” He ends with a small chuckle.

Liam grins along with Niall. “I see. People like that usually become a bit cocky as time goes by, but I don't see that rubbing on you. You're different, and I like that.” He earns a short lip bite from Niall. The short action brings joy.