[146] Responsibilities [RQ]

Prompt: Niall and Liam have a big family that needs a lot of attention, just like their friends Ali and Louis who are expecting many newborns.

Requested by: AliJB1996

Finding time to take a breather and get away from their responsibilities was hard, but Niall and Liam found many reasons why to keep parenting and love each of their children immensely.

Having three boys and two girls seemed like a dream at first, but when it all happened, everything about their lives changed fast.

Liam had to work a lot more while Niall stayed at home to take care of them all, waiting for the day where they could go to school and allow time for relaxation and necessary breaks.

They had no idea how their friends Ali and Louis have six children at once, but commending them felt like the only option when thinking about how serious and determined they were to have them.

She only had about a week left until her due date and of course, she was extremely worried, but also at ease in a confusing way.

She and Louis had wished for such a family to come into their lives, and they turned out lucky enough to have six all at once as if it were a gift and a miracle for determined parents.

They talked about having kids for a while, but never found the time to actually feel at ease about getting pregnant until one night where they decided that patience was ignorant.

Niall and Liam knew how tough it was to go through the pregnancy itself, but seeing their childhood friend with a huge belly, knowing how thin yet gorgeous she was, felt kind of normal.

The pair of fathers paid most of their attention to each and every one of their adorable kids: Joseph, Noah, Spencer, Emily, and Julianna.

All of them held a special place in Liam and Niall's maturing hearts that held love and affection for each other and their five children.

The big family had just gotten back from a vacation for summer break, settling onto the large living room couch after Niall turned on the air conditioning due to the temperature reaching an annoying peak of hot and humid simultaneously. Nobody liked it, at all.

Julianna and Joseph, being the youngest, desired to sleep, tugging on their father's shirts whilst pouting and putting on puppy dog eyes.

"Papa, daddy... Can we 'leep?" Niall coos, nodding whilst standing up to put them to bed himself, scooping them both up in his arms.

"Of course, darlings. I'll get you right to bed, but you have to promise me that you'll behave if you wake up fully energized later, okay? It's still morning after all, and I don't want you to wake up your brothers and sister later on." The pair nod, yawning cutely as they rested their heads on either shoulder that they found themselves on.

Liam stayed with the other three, watching them play with unique toys and speak in a few sentences to each other here and there, thinking of when they never spoke a single word to each other or even to anyone in particular.

In a way, the elder brunette missed that, but hearing them speak and turn out this expressive made him happy and a proud father at the same time; they grew up faster than he thought possible and he blamed himself for letting the time slip away for working so much.

Niall came back down from putting the youngest ones to bed, sitting beside Liam again to mold their lips together in a quick, needed kiss.

"You look like you're thinking about something, Li... Are you thinking about having another one to match Ali and Louis' six?" Liam chuckles and shakes his head, pulling Niall close via using his left arm that felt strong yet soft to the touch.