[79] The Ball [RQ]

Requested by: SarahBroch

Prompt: Liam decides to message Niall: the normal, outgoing boy in school. Liam, being a jock, talks to Niall as a joke, but begins forming feelings for him while pretending to be someone else. Will he ask Niall to the ball? Will Niall want to go with him?

The annual ball at Lakeview high was in the next few weeks. Liam, the school's main jock, hasn't found a lad good enough for himself. They're either: too clingy, needy, annoying, or even all of the above.

Liam wants a boy who's calm, sweet and endearing. The clinginess and neediness bothers him a little too much, even though he was a jock, who would always get into people's faces, but he does have a soft side.

Like everyone, he has a side that no one really sees, and he wants to keep it that way for himself and others. It may seem strange, but showing his soft side makes him more vulnerable and laughed it. At least, that's what he thinks anyway.

That's why he only shows his soft side online with the app Bee w/ Me.

It's a chat where you can make friends or even find someone to go out with. You can either hit it off or never talk with the person again. Liam's hoping for someone to please him and make him happy.

That's when he stumbled across Niall, one of normals in the school, who's also smart. Liam never thought that he would see him, hut he decided to have a little fun with the blonde boy.

It didn't take long to receive a follow back, even though Liam wasn't even using his own face, but an attractive one still. He wanted to see how Niall will act.

Irish Lad: Hey :)

Niall had texted not even minutes later and Liam couldn't help but chuckle to himself. The blonde was obviously, easily hooked with Liam's character: James. He had tattoos like Liam and a fit body like his.

James: Hi. How are you? x

The next string of texts were sweet and innocent and Liam began smiling to himself, because Niall was really sweet.

Irish Lad: I'm good! How about you?

James: I'm doing alright. Hoping to find someone cute and it looks like I've succeeded, Blondie ;)

Irish Lad: Oh? Well I think you're not too bad yourself, and I'm hoping that you're not looking for a quick fück. You're too hot for that, if I'm being honest with you x

James: I'm not that kind of guy, but I'm sure my times with you would be magical. I can totally predict the future.

Irish Lad: Oh yeah? Then who is going to my school's ball soon? Predict that :)

James: Hmm... I think he's gonna be brunette, with tattoos and a fit body. How does that sound? I'm sure you'll be Happy.

Irish Lad: he sounds perfect to me. If it's who I think it is, then I'm really excited x

James: I'm sure he's just as excited to be with you on that special night, Blondie. Think positive thoughts and I'm sure it'll happen. I always think positively :)

Irish Lad: Sounds like a wonderful idea. Thank you, oh wise one :')

Liam was actually having a sweet talk with the blonde, and that's not all that had surprised him. Niall wasn't as goofy and weird as Liam thought he was, but he was someone who was a good different.