[85] Eagerly Waiting [RQ]

Prompt: Liam and Niall get to know each other through a dating app. They eventually meet up, but Liam must depart from the country shortly after. Will Niall ever see him again?

Requested by the amazing: SarahBroch

The Irish man had swiped through the men that had been on the dating app, either becoming uncomfortable or hesitant with each man that was shown on his screen. He had been attempting to find a guy that peaked his interest in the slightest, but it was still very difficult to do so.

Some were either too far away, uneasy to his eyes, or even had a bad personality. He could tell how they acted, because of their bios on their profiles, and the fact that some were unattractive as well didn't help their case.

Niall nearly gave up before stopping at a brunette with tattoos along his arms. He was shirtless, built and clearly sexy in the Irishman's eyes, but his biography would truly test if he was good enough for Niall's sake.

As the Irishman read it, he became more and more intrigued with the brunette named Liam Payne, a 25 year old man who's both gorgeous and charming on his profile.

It made Niall excited to finally witness someone like that on the app, and that's why he had added Liam faster than any guy before; but he had to wait to be added back.

It was a little bit surprising, but Liam had added him back before he could gather his thoughts about the next day of work.

Adding onto that, as Niall grew a smile, Liam texted him first, and it didn't seem odd.

Liam: Hi there, Niall. You look gorgeous, and so does your personality ;)

It was a little cheesy, but Niall couldn't help but giggle at the cute text, because focusing on looks would be the dumbest thing when looking for a guy on the internet. Luckily, they both had good looking features and great personalities, learning that as they texted.

It only took them a few months before they decided to meet up at Niall's home, the younger male growing more worried as the time for Liam's entrance got closer.

He would come at around seven, and it was nearing that as Niall fixed his hair in the kitchen mirror after putting on nice clothing.

He wore a baby blue button down shirt, black skinny jeans and fuzzy socks. They weren't going to leave his home, since Niall already made a delicious dinner, the table made out to be set up with rose petals and candles.

Once there was a knock on a door, Niall lost all of his nerves and his heart began pounding hard, roughly against his chest as sweat quickly became evident across his tanned forehead. He had to be calm for Liam.

So he walked to the front door, letting out a slow breath before opening it with a small smile. He was then greeted to the tatted, tall brunette, who looked even more gorgeous in person than in the photos and videos.

“You look stunning, Liam,” the older man grinned, letting his smile become clear, “but please come in. It has gotten to be a little cold out and I wouldn't want you to freeze.” Liam then walked in, giving Niall's cheek a kiss before making his way toward the dining room. The smaller brunette was already blushing, closing and locking the front door before following Liam's footsteps.

The older man already had a tour of the house when facetiming Niall, eyeing every inch of the house and laughing at Niall's attempt in vlogging. It was quite adorable.

But the two sat down across from each other in said dining room, Liam complimenting every little thing as he enjoyed his time with Niall, learning even more as the Irish accent sounded more beautiful and smooth in person; he couldn't get enough of it.